Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Details on New Room Screening Process

Post Thanks / Like

Default Additional Details on New Room Screening Process

New door hangers are up at three Disney Vacation Club resorts, along with accompanying changes to security procedures.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

My only question is how long will this new security check take? If we leave the room for a few minutes at a regular hotel, we often leave the Do Not Disturb sign up so we don't find a housekeeper in the process of cleaning our room when we get back. If this is just 1-3 minutes, I have no problem. But if they're going to be in our room for 10-15 minutes, I don't want to leave for a couple minutes and come back to find them doing stuff and us having to wait. I'm afraid then, I might consider leaving the "Room Occupied" sign up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Security Policy

I cannot recall what the configurations of the inside locking capabilities are at the treehouses. Is there a deadbolt or some chain-like device that could physically stop intrusion while the room is occupied, thus deterring the unwanted entrance of staff just to nose around while someone is napping, for example?
    Or will these all be removed now, which would create an unsafe environment?
    Last edited by cfn78@att.net; 01-01-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Point.

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    My only question is how long will this new security check take? If we leave the room for a few minutes at a regular hotel, we often leave the Do Not Disturb sign up so we don't find a housekeeper in the process of cleaning our room when we get back. If this is just 1-3 minutes, I have no problem. But if they're going to be in our room for 10-15 minutes, I don't want to leave for a couple minutes and come back to find them doing stuff and us having to wait. I'm afraid then, I might consider leaving the "Room Occupied" sign up.
    Good Point. The new policy seems very intrusive for probably little gain other than CYA.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Members Own Property Correct?

So will the DVC Villas enforce this rule?

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is fantastic. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Someone knocking on my door and emptying my trash is a small price to pay in the name of safety.

-from a Las Vegas first responder.

7. Likes Jawolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fear?

Quote Originally Posted by suzy021372 View Post
    I think this is fantastic. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Someone knocking on my door and emptying my trash is a small price to pay in the name of safety.

-from a Las Vegas first responder.
    Goodness! What an oversimplification of an issue.
    It is not fear, else we all wouldn't even go to a potential "target" like a Disney or a Sea World or what have you. Sounds like you aren't very familiar or haven't yet experienced over many yrs the ethos there or don't understand the myriad ways people experience Disney. Kids' and parents' and seasoned citizens' afternoon naps, unavoidable instances of sick kids among visiting families resting in the afternoon, couples engaging, etc. Daily (essentially surveillance) intrusions are excessive and, with all respect to you if you have properly identified yourself, unwarranted.
    But this will sort itself out to some sensible compromise over time rather than represent a kneejerk misplaced overreaction by well-meaning Disney folks. Maybe you fine folks who respond first should be the ones to dispell the idea that fear should be foremost in one's mind.
    One has to strike a balance, irrespective of the horror of Vegas and other high-value "targets."

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, fear is a reality, hopefully it will never effect you directly. I am very thankful New Years went off without incident.

I think ink it is funny that daily housekeeping is such an intrusion. I have spent literally months at DVC resorts over the last 10 years and rarely have seen housekeepers. I am sure there are numerous disboards complaining about DVC’s lack of housekeeping.

Take out my trash and keep me safe...win,win.

People just love to complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suzy021372 View Post
    People just love to complain.
    Yes, but sometimes we're not wrong.

In the name of Security we are giving up our Privacy. Problem is, a minimum wage Mouse Keeper may do a great job taking out the trash, but is she really the right person to determine if a terrorist is plotting an attack?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d0njudd View Post
    So will the DVC Villas enforce this rule?
    We are leasing the property for specified time period. Disney owns the property. And Disney has the right to add and enforce rules.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge