Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2019 Points Charts Published

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2019 Points Charts Published

Increased costs for club level rooms at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and seasonal changes for Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas and Disney's Vero Beach Resort are some of the changes found in the 2019 Disney Vacation Club points charts.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that they raised the points for the AKV Club level. The points per night even the changes does really cover the cost of the food and beverages club guests consume so AKV will continue to subsidize those rooms. The problem is that there are so few of them that only the values could benefit. And the values were cheap enough before. It was just an error from day one.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I understood what triggers DVC to make reallocations in a resort's point chart.

The problem with the Concierge Club villas point costs has been known since Animal Kingdom Villas opened in 2007, but its taken DVC 10 years to make any changes in the point chart for those villas.

The Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort opened in 2009, but by the Fall of 2011 -- only two years later -- DVC had enough booking data to justify significantly raising the cost of the TreeHouse Villas effective with 2013.

Aulani opened on August 29, 2011, and DVC has already made two significant reallocations in its point chart. In the Fall 2014 -- only three years after Aulani opened -- DVC felt booking patterns justified a major revision in the seasons at Aulani (see http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...nges-at-aulani). Now, only three years after its last major reallocation, DVC has enough booking data to justify a second reallocation.

And then we come to the booking issues with the Walt Disney World DVC resorts during December. Early December is an extremely popular time with frequent reports from members saying its a challenge to get certain villas during that time. Yet the point costs for the first two weeks of December continue to be part of the cheapest season.

It amazes me that DVC has not taken steps to change the first two weeks of December from the cheap Adventure season to a more expensive season. If DVC can act relatively quickly to make changes with SSR's and Aulani's point charts, then what will it take for it to make changes to the booking costs for the first two weeks in December?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm disappointed that they reduced the # of points necessary to book AKV value villas. I like them, but they're already hard enough to get. Now, with even lower points, I can probably forget it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    Personally I'm disappointed that they reduced the # of points necessary to book AKV value villas. I like them, but they're already hard enough to get. Now, with even lower points, I can probably forget it.
    They are pretty much AKV owners booking most of the values even before the change. It is sort of the way BWV's standard views go to the BWV owners October through December.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I am glad that they raised the points for the AKV Club level. The points per night even the changes does really cover the cost of the food and beverages club guests consume so AKV will continue to subsidize those rooms. The problem is that there are so few of them that only the values could benefit. And the values were cheap enough before. It was just an error from day one.
    As I posted in reply to DVC news on twitter - raising concierge did need doing, but dumping the reduction in the next hardest to book category doesn't really help a great deal. I wonder what % rise would have been needed for a point or two off of standard/savannah, I suspect club level would have still been hugely oversubscribed even at 30%, maybe even more than that if 7 month demand is taken into account. Guessing with std/savannah being at both Kidani and Jambo the numbers just don't add up. My strategy of booking one value studio and one club studio (as opposed to one club 1-bedroom) means it's more or less no change for me overall I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sta

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgeh View Post
    As I posted in reply to DVC news on twitter - raising concierge did need doing, but dumping the reduction in the next hardest to book category doesn't really help a great deal. I wonder what % rise would have been needed for a point or two off of standard/savannah, I suspect club level would have still been hugely oversubscribed even at 30%, maybe even more than that if 7 month demand is taken into account. Guessing with std/savannah being at both Kidani and Jambo the numbers just don't add up. My strategy of booking one value studio and one club studio (as opposed to one club 1-bedroom) means it's more or less no change for me overall I suppose.
    The other room classes have just to many rooms involved to split so few points. There are only ten 2BR units in club level. In the values there are a similar number of rooms. But the standard view and savanna view have many more rooms. There are over 100 rooms in the other two room types at Jambo House, but another 234 or so at Kidani. And thosem rooms all have the point cost per night based on their view. So you couldn't make Jambo House standard views cheaper than those at Kidani. The declarations apply to both Kidani and Jambo House.
    --Denise