Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive Price Increases Coming for Many Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Massive Price Increases Coming for Many Resorts

Disney Vacation Club will soon increase prices on all of its resorts, with several crossing the $200 per point threshold.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Polynesian from $176 to $220? That's almost a 30% increase. It just doesn't seem right to increase that much at once. Some resorts are much more reasonable increases of less than $10/point. But that increase just doesn't seem right. But as Guy said, got to pay for that FOX merger somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who already owns DVC and probably won't buy any more points, these price increases are good news. Eight years ago we bought BLT for $104 a point, and then added on via the resale market for $94 a point. If we ever decide to sell our stake in BLT, we should be able to sell it for more than we bought it for.

As for new members having to pay more, my feeling is that timeshare are completely discretionary purchases. No one is forced to buy. If they can justify the cost of buying in, then so be it. Also, the cost of Disney cash rooms are climbing, so DVC can still be a cost savings over paying cash for Disney rooms.

One final thought: I'd much rather see prices for DVC go up than go down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    As someone who already owns DVC and probably won't buy any more points, these price increases are good news. Eight years ago we bought BLT for $104 a point, and then added on via the resale market for $94 a point. If we ever decide to sell our stake in BLT, we should be able to sell it for more than we bought it for.
    Very true. Last year we bought a BCV contract (loaded) via resale for $129/point. At the time I thought we'd overpaid, but it was the # of points we wanted and UY we wanted. Now looking at the direct price, I don't feel so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a misprint, or is the price for Vero Beach actually going down?? The article says $115 current price versus $100 effective on January 17?

Post Thanks / Like

Just Disney being Disney.

Keep pushing up the prices - of everything - until people stop paying them. So far, people haven't stopped.

Disney may also intentionally be trying to slow sales so they don't run out of inventory until the next resort opens or the cash sales for Poly rooms are so great they don't really want the points sold.

Bottom line for me; Only makes my points more valuable if I choose to sell.
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 12-20-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, what an increase

I may want to sell my 50 point GF February use year. I wonder what the resale price will be? I have lots of points and gave loved staying at the GF but if I could sell GF and buy SSR and make a profit of over a thousand dollar profit it's worth considering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    Is that a misprint, or is the price for Vero Beach actually going down?? The article says $115 current price versus $100 effective on January 17?
    I missed that decrease. I pass this along to TimK.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

TimK says that is the information he was given that VB is going down. I am amazed they would tell anyone in advance. Why buy direct VB today, wait and it will be less for direct purchases? I wonder what that will do to Vero's resale prices.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    TimK says that is the information he was given that VB is going down. I am amazed they would tell anyone in advance. Why buy direct VB today, wait and it will be less for direct purchases? I wonder what that will do to Vero's resale prices.
    You are right, that's very strange! They are basically saying, "if you wait a few weeks, you'll get a 15% price reduction." In that case, who would ever buy now??