Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive Price Increases Coming for Many Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

It helps with the rental possibilities also as our retirement vacation plan is to use one of our contracts to pay for the Annual Dues of all.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seascapemvy View Post
    I may want to sell my 50 point GF February use year. I wonder what the resale price will be? I have lots of points and gave loved staying at the GF but if I could sell GF and buy SSR and make a profit of over a thousand dollar profit it's worth considering.
    It is getting harder and harder to book other resorts at the 7 month mark and VGF is one of the hardest to get. Of course it is a real estate profit that would need to be declared on your taxes.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/27-12/14/18 AKV Kidani Village
    2/19-2/22/19 - Bay Lake Tower
    3/10-3/14/19 - AKV Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    It helps with the rental possibilities also as our retirement vacation plan is to use one of our contracts to pay for the Annual Dues of all.
    You know that you are required to pay the accommodations tax on rental income in Florida? That might lower your profit from the rental.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Disney may also intentionally be trying to slow sales so they don't run out of inventory until the next resort opens or the cash sales for Poly rooms are so great they don't really want the points sold.
    Aulani and Copper Creek only went up $6 and that's the first increase in a full year.

It looks like Disney is bending over backward to eliminate almost all desire to buy Grand Floridian, Grand Californian and Poly (in January, once "sold out.") They don't want people sitting on waitlists for points. That only gives folks a chance to do some research and discover the resale marketplace.

DVC wants to squash desire for those resorts right during the sales pitch. Have them thinking "ouch, guess I'm better off buying Copper Creek today and trying to book elsewhere at 7 months."

Bottom line for me; Only makes my points more valuable if I choose to sell.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    You are right, that's very strange! They are basically saying, "if you wait a few weeks, you'll get a 15% price reduction." In that case, who would ever buy now??
    DVC doesn't sell much at Vero (900 pts/mo over last year) and these prices aren't well publicized. I doubt they're too worried about the several thousand dollars they'll lose if people defer Vero Beach add-ons from December to January.

Post Thanks / Like

This kind of changes my purchasing plans. I guess I will just work with the points I already have. I don't plan on selling so the increase isn't a plus for me. It might be better for me to just buy at Vero and book at the 7 month window.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    This kind of changes my purchasing plans. I guess I will just work with the points I already have. I don't plan on selling so the increase isn't a plus for me. It might be better for me to just buy at Vero and book at the 7 month window.
    Keep in mind Vero Beach has a very high annual dues of $8.5260 per point. The cost of the annual dues will really add up making your bargain purchase of VB not cost effective and overpriced. Combine that with it being more difficult to book at the 7 month mark for several months each year, I am not sure it would be worth it to buy Vero Beach. A resale purchase of another resort might be a better deal.
    --Denise

7. Likes TimK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Keep in mind Vero Beach has a very high annual dues of $8.5260 per point. The cost of the annual dues will really add up making your bargain purchase of VB not cost effective and overpriced. Combine that with it being more difficult to book at the 7 month mark for several months each year, I am not sure it would be worth it to buy Vero Beach. A resale purchase of another resort might be a better deal.
    Guess I didnít think that one through. Thanks for that information. VB doesnít sound like the best deal after all.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vero one of the most expensive

Vero may be just $100/point but it only has about 24 more years left. So its over $4 per point per year. Higher than many resorts.

With some resorts going over $200 per point they may be attempting to get us to not wait list and buy those other resorts. I inquired about the GF and Poly, no points available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    You know that you are required to pay the accommodations tax on rental income in Florida? That might lower your profit from the rental.
    Wasn't looking to make a profit - only offset some of the annual dues cost - and, no, I wouldn't know anything about an accommodation tax. Would the accommodation tax be something within the parameters of David's Rentals?

Janet & Dan