Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: DVC Platinum Plus AP discount extended?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Platinum Plus AP discount extended?

On Facebook, I read a post that suggested that the DVC discount on the Platinum Plus AP was extended until December 2018, and that this "fact" was announced at the annual Condo Association meeting. However, when I read any recap of the meeting, I can find no such announcement. And when I went to the Members' website, the expiration date for the discount is still listed as January 3rd. Does anyone know if this extension is indeed a fact or is it another case of Facebook starting rumors?

Post Thanks / Like

There is some confusion about the extension, and its not limited to just Facebook.

The original offer stated the AP had to be purchased by January 3, 2018, and activated by December 31, 2018.

I was at the Annual Meeting and the DVC Board talked about several of the perks we receive as members. When they mentioned the Platinum Plus Annual Pass offer, I heard them say "through December 31, 2018."

I thought they were talking about when the Annual Pass had to be activated; however, others thought the Board said that the Annual Pass could be purchased through December 31, 2018.

As I reflect on what was actually said at the meeting, I admit that I heard what I expected to hear, namely, that the AP could be activated anytime through December 31, 2018.

Bottom line: I still think the Platinum Plus AP offer has to be purchased by January 3, 2018, but you have until December 31, 2018 to activate it
    Last edited by wdrl; 12-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Wil's interpretation. I do seem to recall the DVC presenter mentioning the January 2018 deadline for purchasing passes under the current offer. And if the purchase timeframe had been extended thru 2018, it would have been announced with much greater fanfare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    There is some confusion about the extension, and its not limited to just Facebook.

The original offer stated the AP had to be purchased by January 3, 2018, and activated by December 31, 2018.

I was at the Annual Meeting and the DVC Board talked about several of the perks we receive as members. When they mentioned the Platinum Plus Annual Pass offer, I heard them say "through December 31, 2018."

I thought they were talking about when the Annual Pass had to be activated; however, others thought the Board said that the Annual Pass could be purchased through December 31, 2018.

As I reflect on what was actually said at the meeting, I admit that I heard what I expected to hear, namely, that the AP could be activated anytime through December 31, 2017.

Bottom line: I still think the Platinum Plus AP offer has to be purchased by January 3, 2018, but you have until December 31, 2018 to activate it
    Thanks! That makes perfect sense. Of course, I kinda hoped that what I saw on Facebook was true, but this is far more likely to be the case. And I do agree with Tim-if they were truly extending the purchase discount, I'm sure they would have said it with more "fanfare".

5. Thanks blubaugh thanked for this post
    Likes blubaugh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest issue of the Disney Files magazine says that the Platinum Plus Annual Pass offer is good through January 3, 2018.