Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Winter 2018 Closure for Lava Pool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter 2018 Closure for Lava Pool

The main pool at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will close for a period of time beginning in February 2018.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

Hello,
    Thanks for the post. We booked our points stay from Feb 4-13 at the Poly. We moved from Bay Lake to stay at the poly for this pool. On the DVC website there is very little resort availability to move... Is this something that DVC can help with? I am pretty disappointed that the main reason we moved is now closed. We booked 7 months ago and this was not a posted closure. I wouldn't have moved otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC_Corrrys View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for the post. We booked our points stay from Feb 4-13 at the Poly. We moved from Bay Lake to stay at the poly for this pool. On the DVC website there is very little resort availability to move... Is this something that DVC can help with? I am pretty disappointed that the main reason we moved is now closed. We booked 7 months ago and this was not a posted closure. I wouldn't have moved otherwise.
    I doubt if they can help you there. Sometimes the resort will announce that you can use the pool at another resort during the annual maintenance. Also as DVC members you can still pool hop.

Pool hopping is not available at the following pools--with no exceptions to this policy: • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
    • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
    • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
    • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools/Location: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

--Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default opening date

I was nervous about an upcoming trip when I read this thread. I just got off the phone with Member Services, and the Lava pool is scheduled to re-open Feb 16th. The splash park is scheduled to re-open Feb 17th. I figured I'd post in case others were wondering about the re-open dates.

I've found in past that Disney usually alerted me to things like this (pool closures and construction), so I was surprized when I did not see a notice from them. Then after calling I realized it did not effect me, hence no notice.

I hope above poster had a good trip. I've found that in past they will usually make another pool available in instances where a pool is closed for refurbishemnt. On a Pop stay once, they shuttled us over to the AKL pool. It was a hassle to travel, but it's such a great pool that we enjoyed the upgrade.

5. Thanks denlo thanked for this post