Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 Condo Meeting Recap

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017 Condo Meeting Recap

Disney Vacation Club recently held its annual Condominium Association Meeting, recapping 2017 and previewing the 2018 year. Among topics discussed are renovations at numerous resorts, future website enhancements and more Moonlight Magic dates.

Ken Potrock (second from left) and members of the DVC board

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

"The process starts with an "inspiration room" to be developed in 2018"

Can't wait to hear the details.

Post Thanks / Like

One item that I found interesting was a response from the DVC Board about cash reservations at the Villas at Grand Californian. According to the Board, there aren't any cash reservations at VGC. DVC has decided that only members using points can book VGC. Even if a VGC owner exchanges their points for a Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney, etc., the underlying points are not used by DVC to fund a cash stay. Presumably, DVC rents out a villa at one of the other 13 DVC resorts to recover the cost of the exchange.

No other DVC resort has this restriction on cash reservations.

This policy favors DVC members who want to book VGC, which is the smallest resort in the system. DVC members don't have to worry about some villas being taken out of inventory if a DGC owner exchanges out of DVC.

But it also means that another resort in the system has to absorb the cost of the exchange. DVC probably has excess inventory at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Animal Kingdom Villas, so those are the resorts most likely to have villas that are converted to cash rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

I am aying here bed at BLT as I type. I am so looking forward to the new pillows, one firm, one soft. Now at night I am adjusting my pillow regularly as it flattens out to practically nothing. It is hard to find neck support.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    No other DVC resort has this restriction on cash reservations.
    Not quite identical but it doesn't appear that BoardWalk View rooms are ever turned over to CRO at BWV.

This policy favors DVC members who want to book VGC, which is the smallest resort in the system. DVC members don't have to worry about some villas being taken out of inventory if a DGC owner exchanges out of DVC.
    Absolutely. Though I wonder how many VGC points are actually traded out of the system. Bet it's one of the lowest--if not the lowest--percentage of all properties.