Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Images of OKW Renovated Rooms

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Images of OKW Renovated Rooms

At today’s 2017 Condominium Association Meeting, Disney Vacation Club shared some images of updates to decor currently being implemented at Disney’s Old Key West Resort.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Nooooo!!! Not our beloved corner jetted tub.

I do like the area rug, but am surprised to see one. Couch and chair look very generic. Sure hope they keep some of the Key West vibe in the decor.
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Any indication whether OKW studios will retain 2 queen beds or change to queen bed plus sofa bed or Murphy bed/folding couch configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
    Any indication whether OKW studios will retain 2 queen beds or change to queen bed plus sofa bed or Murphy bed/folding couch configuration?
    I've seen comments from two different people who spoke with two different managers - one said 2 queens, one said bed plus sofa bed so who knows??? Maybe they'll offer both???
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

They never bring up controversy at the meetings and changing OKW from 2 beds would have set off explosions in the members.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGM59 View Post

I do like the area rug, but am surprised to see one. Couch and chair look very generic. Sure hope they keep some of the Key West vibe in the decor.
    The area rug was the first thing that caught my eye-but I'm afraid "like" wasn't my thought. More like, "How does that go with Key West?" Same thought with those awful wall things. I do agree that "generic" is a good way to describe the looks of the couch and chair. I want the lamp back-the one that had the adirondack-type chair, and the Conch shell. Although I DID wonder how often those conch shells kind of disappeared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    The area rug was the first thing that caught my eye-but I'm afraid "like" wasn't my thought. More like, "How does that go with Key West?" Same thought with those awful wall things. I do agree that "generic" is a good way to describe the looks of the couch and chair. I want the lamp back-the one that had the adirondack-type chair, and the Conch shell. Although I DID wonder how often those conch shells kind of disappeared.
    I should say that I like the rug BUT I really don't see "Key West" in it. Or the wall pictures ... Ugh. The old lamps were nice - kind of been looking for them online. As for the conch shells, they were REALLY well glued down! ;-)
    - Lorie

Post Thanks / Like

Hate the rug.

Hope they convert at least a handful of Studios to King/Sofa configuration. From there, let supply & demand dictate whether more or less are needed.

Never spend enough time in the rooms to really be too picky.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Old Key West through & through.
    But any change to that soft, faded, pastel color scheme in the rooms will be a positive.
    And I'm generally a big fan of pastels.
    But not here. It's been pretty hideous.
    The preview picture gives me hope.
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)
    DLR - Superbowl Weekend, 2018 (Grand Calfornian)