Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 DVC Condo Meeting Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017 DVC Condo Meeting Today!

Join us today at 2pm Eastern on Thursday, December 7 as we report live from the Disney Vacation Club owners meeting at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

This photo was displayed at the Annual Meeting to show the Old Key West refurbishment:

IMG_4409.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Photo of some of the hurricane damaged suffered by DVC resorts this past September due to Hurricane Irma:

IMG_4413.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the live blog you used this year. It was so much better than trying to follow via twitter or any other social media platform.
    Michael

5. Thanks TimK thanked for this post
    CarolMN is offline Enjoying This CHOICE Site
    Post Thanks / Like

Me, too! Thanks for doing it.

7. Thanks TimK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There were several announcements made at yesterday's annual meeting, but I would not characterize any as big surprises.

News had already broke that Reunion Station at Copper Creek was going to be a concierge, so the confirmation announcement was a bit anti climatic.

DVC mentioned the Riviera Resort, which will open in Fall 2019, but offered few details, which didn't surprise me. Ken Potrock did disclose that the Riviera Resort will have a roof top restaurant that will offer views of the night time fireworks shows at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

DVC mentioned that SSR will be getting a major refurbishment that will carry into 2019. If I remember correctly, DVC said it will give SSR rooms "a whole new look."

DVC made several pronouncements about a new and improved approach to housekeeping and bedding (pillows, bed tops, even improved sofa sleepers). These are all nice to hear.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but yesterday's meeting didn't have any big "Wow" moments. Or did I miss something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    I really liked the live blog you used this year. It was so much better than trying to follow via twitter or any other social media platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
    Me, too! Thanks for doing it.
    Thanks for the feedback! Now that I know that this method worked, I'll look for ways to improve upon it in the future.