Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Satisfaction

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Satisfaction

This week's discussion question is a simple one. And it's one that we won't bother qualifying. Don't ask "what do you mean by..." Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation. Feel free to explain why you answered the way you did. But in the end, it's a pretty straightforward question.

Topic: Are you satisfied with Disney Vacation Club?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Overall I’m very happy with DVC with one exception:

DVC ignores more customers than most timeshares ever see. If DVC focused just a little on those missed opportunities, they wouldn’t have to tier benefits.

When I first read about DVC on the forums, I was most impressed with how people talked about how DVC changed the way they do Disney. And it has for me.

My BCV resale was soon joined by a Poly direct contract and now a small AKV resale. We love each one of those resorts for a different reason.

Satisfied? 9/10 and it’d be 10/10 if DVC stopped trying to make some members feel second class.
    Last edited by ziravan; 12-04-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Having bought back in 1997, I can honestly say the "warm fuzzies" of ownership are long gone. Part of it is probably because we've just gotten so big, but I think a large portion has to do with greed. The cost per point and the number of points required per night just continue to climb. It feels almost like Disney/DVC know that any knew resort that opens, enough points will be bought up fairly quick, and these points will pay for the entire project. After that, Disney is free to book cash inventory until the resort is sold out. The Tiki Huts at Poly were paid for by DVC, but I wonder if cash customers aren't using them more than we are?

Couple sour spots:

Pool Hopping has become a joke. Just end it rather than using it as a sales pitch.

Treat me like a Florida Resident.

Try harder. One little example: Every TS outside the bubble provides gas grills. Charcoal pits were removed years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twenty years brings changes

We bought into DVC in 1997 (we paid about $50 a point direct for our OKW points), so we've had twenty pretty good years. The rising prices for new members is rather incredulous to me. I don't know how they can even afford it. I like the idea of the special member events, but unless you just happen to book those nights seven to eleven months out, you probably won't be staying on points to be able to attend them if you can be there on those days. The renovations of the older resorts are a bit troubling, too. They had nice theming that is being totally erased with each renovation. And I've heard that OKW is losing the two queen beds in the studio. That is extremely troubling. I wish they would contact members who own at the various resorts for some input to changes. What we love about the resort as it is and what we think needs changing. Since we have moved to SW Florida and our life is basically 365 vacation now, we probably will sell off at least one of our contracts once we have completed our marathon trip in January.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC has Lost that Loving Feeling!

We have been DVC members since 2005 at SSR with 230 points. We are now at the point where we can only go to WDW every 3 yrs to house 6 adults and 2 children. With the increase in points and availability elsewhere we have only been able to stay at our home resort. Our last trip in January 2016 was a disaster, didn't get in our room until 6 hrs after arriving, after 6 pm. Room, ability to charge and FP took 3 days to work. GRand villa we were in looked the same as it did 3 yrs prior. This was my grandchildrens first trip and was suppose to be magical but fell short! I believe Disney greed has decreased customer service, dvc renovations, large crowds during prior slow times, CMs not going the extra inch to help you! We are seriously considering selling our Disney direct timeshare at this point. We used to feel special after investing a lot of money and continue to pay yearly maintenance it just isn't the same! Even though the new technology has happened and should have made our experience less stressful, it hasn't! We still manage to have one magical moment! At the Biergarten they put us at a table right by the danace floor! The magical moment quickly ended with the band only playing 20 minutes! I'm sorry for being such a downer but I'm just being honest!

Quote Originally Posted by DVCNews View Post
    This week's discussion question is a simple one. And it's one that we won't bother qualifying. Don't ask "what do you mean by..." Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation. Feel free to explain why you answered the way you did. But in the end, it's a pretty straightforward question.

Topic: Are you satisfied with Disney Vacation Club?

View complete article

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Yes, I am satisfied. Before becoming a DVC owner, I was bringing my family for cash. Now with careful banking and borrowing points, I can bring my family with me every other year and stay in a grand villa. Life doesn’t get any better than that!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!

We bought before kids and now our kids are 5 and 3. We were looking through pictures the other day and can’t believe how many trips we’ve gotten in that wouldn't have been possible without DVC. Hawaii was never even on the radar but thanks to DVC we’ll be making our 3rd trip in January. We’ve got to bring my parents on multiple trips as a thank you for all they do.
    We look forward to using points to visit international destinations when kids are a little older.
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)

Post Thanks / Like

Default dvs news satisfaction

Overall I lost the magic due to lack of help from cast members and customer service. Last visit last year, I even talked with the higher ups in the parks regarding the issue of not sufficient lighting on the ground for the visual impaired, as the bright lights overhead can cause an issue seeing on the ground when walking. We were in MK and what they told me was get a flashlight from the stores on main street. Guess what main street stores and trust me we went into everyone and talked with a store manager only to be told they do not sell flashlights.

It is a shame that people with partial to limited eyesight have to be excluded from enjoying the fireworks and parades, due to lack of accommodations. Yes we went to guest services and they had no suggestions for viewing parades or the lack of lighting on the ground. WDW might me accommodating for some disabilities yet not all, I even took my cane into the parks to help navigate, yet the lack of education of post people of what I white cane means they give no consideration.

Very disappointed, due to difficulty seeing and some children running around as they are excited, I almost fell over a child because I never saw them,
    Mystic

BLT - 11/29/16 - 12/9/16
    BLT- 2012,2014,

SSR- 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes!

Yes, I am satisfied! I get a much nicer room than I would have gotten had I paid out of pocket for the rooms. I also get to travel more frequently because I 'spread out' the cost of the trip rather than having to make one bulk payment for a hotel room. (I understand that the bulk of the cost was paid up front, but once that was paid off and I moved to just monthly maintenance fees, that's what I view as the 'spread out' portion.)

Do I wish there were things done differently? Sure! But that could be said about almost anything. So, for me, because I chose to continue vacationing regularly at Disney, DVC works. I will start visiting less as park ticket prices continue to rise, but that will allow me to rebuild my point balance and maybe use that to help offset the cost of a cruise (3rd or 4th person in the state room only for me) or a trip to Hawaii (LOVED Aulani)!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am more than satisfied. Like every organization there are things that can be better. And certainly as I change, the things I wish they would do better at, changes in priority. But, realistically those are my issues not DVC's. In my 8 yrs of membership I have grown in my general satisfaction of the club.