Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Which Two Resorts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Which Two Resorts?

Despite the fact that Disney Vacation Club now has fourteen distinct destinations, most people can pretty easily identify their one favorite. But what if you had to choose two resorts to own? Would it be one at Disneyland and one at Walt Disney World? One at a theme park and another off-site? Maybe two unique Walt Disney World resorts?

Topic: If you were buying DVC today, which TWO resorts would you choose?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to limit myself to only two resorts, I would choose Bay Lake Tower and Aulani.

It would kill be to give up AKV and we just stayed at CCV and loved it so I would always regret that that we don't have points there too.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I own @ SSR & AKLV, but if I was buying today, I think I'd say BWV & AKLV. Not that I dont enjoy SSR, because I do, but BWV was my 1st DVC love.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a hard one! We own at 3, HHI, OKW, and BCV, our 3 favorites. And if we could only own at 2, we'd choose one at WDW, and one not at WDW, so definitely HHI would be one (as well as the fact that we're finishing up a 10 day stay, and with me with a fractured pelvis, it's been beyond excellent here for my special needs and relaxation). So which would go-OKW or BCV? The only reason I'd choose BCV over OKW is because all BCV villas have access to an elevator, a necessity for my very limited mobility, whereas at OKW, it should be guaranteed, but there's always that little fear in the back of my mind. Don't tell Guy-he'd no doubt choose OKW over BV-oh, oh, I sense a family argument brewing! I choose HHI and BCV.

Post Thanks / Like

The first is easy: Anything at WL. Actually, I would like to trade my old VWL points for whatever the new name is (Copper Boulder ??)

After that, I'd have to fight my wife. She loves BCV for the location, I would like to own at HHI because Hilton Head Island is similar to WDW in the respect that it always feels like the Island is on vacation, it exist just for my pleasure.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, Aulani is head & shoulders the best of the bunch.
    I suppose the Grand Californian would be my next favorite.
    But because I love Disney World so much, I'd instead have to make the Wilderness Lodge my second pick, which jumped ahead of my other WDW favorites due to the amazing new additions of Geyser Point Bar & Grill & the upgraded pool next door.
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)
    DLR - Superbowl Weekend, 2018 (Grand Calfornian)

Post Thanks / Like

We do own two resorts and they are VWL and BWV. We would never choose differently for VWL (the 2042 expiration is okay for us) so it becomes a choice besides BWV. I think we would stick with BWV to have the convenience of that resort to EPCOT and DHS. So I'd say that we'd choose the same two that we own at. Though they have some of the highest annual dues.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Two Resorts?

We own at the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom. I would love to trade Animal Kingdom for Bay Lake. Being in the monorail circle is just so convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

I own 550 pts at BCv and 100 at AKV. Despite the latter, if I could choose just two resorts it would be the villas at Wilderness Lodge and BCV.
    Last edited by Beazle; 11-27-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We currently own at Beach Club.

Were we to buy in anew, buying two - we'd probably go with Beach Club again for the Epcot back door, and Grand Californian because of the cost and difficulty in getting across to the east coast.

Nonzero chance we'd go for one of the Wilderness Lodge DVC sub-resorts instead of Beach Club, but no chance we do anything but VGC for the second, at least until new units come online in Anaheim.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son13]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]