Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Cash Guest Promos

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Cash Guest Promos

Cash guests have it pretty good at Walt Disney World. During slower times of they year, they are offered special package deals, 20-30% savings off of normal hotel rates, free dining plan credits, complimentary room upgrades and more! (Of course, cash guests are also paying far more for their lodging than the DVC member's price for a single year of their contract, but let's ignore that for the moment.)

Topic: If Disney were to offer one of these promotional specials to DVC members, which would you like to receive?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Dining would be nice

I know we don't pay what the cash guests pay so it's probably unrealistic to expect free dining, but during these promo periods it would be nice to get a very reduced cost for our dining plans or a plan upgrade (pay for regular and get deluxe or pay for the quick service plan and get the regular).

3. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherylf View Post
    I know we don't pay what the cash guests pay so it's probably unrealistic to expect free dining, but during these promo periods it would be nice to get a very reduced cost for our dining plans or a plan upgrade (pay for regular and get deluxe or pay for the quick service plan and get the regular).
    Great idea. I was thinking it would be nice if we evengot the snack credits only during the free dining promotions. But since free dining is a lure to fill cash rooms at full price, I too doubt it will ever happen.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Disney sometimes offers cash guests "bounce back" room discounts on future stays, with the savings being as much as 30-40% off the normal rate. There are times we extend our DVC stays by booking a cash room at a non-DVC resort, so it would be nice to be offered a bounce back discount on future cash stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Disney sometimes offers cash guests "bounce back" room discounts on future stays, with the savings being as much as 30-40% off the normal rate. There are times we extend our DVC stays by booking a cash room at a non-DVC resort, so it would be nice to be offered a bounce back discount on future cash stays.
    I notice during our stay at Copper Creek this week that the bounce back offer in the flyer in our studio mentions Disney and DVC resorts. So I would think members could use that offer too. It was 30% for a deluxe resort or DVC Resort, 20% for a moderate and 10% for a value.

i was surprised that the come back offers were not better that the limited time offers Disney does a couple of times a year. I thought the comeback offers used to be 40% off.
    Last edited by denlo; 11-20-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Topic: If Disney were to offer one of these promotional specials to DVC members, which would you like to receive?

​Not quite sure how to interpret the question?? I am a DVC member, but that doesn't mean I can't book a cash trip using whatever the current Promo is. In fact, if the price were right, these are great opportunities for spur of the moment trips, something that can't always happen using points.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be cool if they left a Bounce Back Offer for DVC member. "Enjoy a 35% Bounce Back Offer on your next Cash stay." That might convince me to stay at a Disney venue versus the Dolphin (altho, I love the Dolphin - they're so nice!). Before joining DVC we would use the AP discounts now I always forget to check the AP site.

It would be nice if the DDP plan was offered at a 15% discounted price during mid-January to mid-February and mid-August and mid-September. Or maybe leave the refillable cups in the room like they use to do in the late 90's - you take = room charged (wonder how many people complained they hadn't taken the cups, "It must've been housekeeping!" ).

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

The bounce back offer of reduced cash on your next stay would be nice. The other one that I hear of cash guests getting now relates to getting a gift card when they decline housekeeping. It kind of sticks in me that cash guests are getting paid for accepting what DVC members have had to accept as normal. Is there a way we could get a discount, or a gift card, if we turned down T&T for example? DH and I take our trash to the trash room every morning, and since we stay in a unit that has a washer/dryer, we rarely need towels. We bring our own coffee, shampoo, etc., so T&T day is pretty much not needed. So why don't we get a gift card?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    The bounce back offer of reduced cash on your next stay would be nice. The other one that I hear of cash guests getting now relates to getting a gift card when they decline housekeeping. It kind of sticks in me that cash guests are getting paid for accepting what DVC members have had to accept as normal. Is there a way we could get a discount, or a gift card, if we turned down T&T for example? DH and I take our trash to the trash room every morning, and since we stay in a unit that has a washer/dryer, we rarely need towels. We bring our own coffee, shampoo, etc., so T&T day is pretty much not needed. So why don't we get a gift card?
    Hopefully we are already getting a savings on housekeeping since we don't get daily full cleaning. Then you have to ask where is the money for the gift card coming from? With DVC it might come from member dues, not Marketing. That's why I hate them throwing around the $100, $200 "We're Sorry" money.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't get it.....................

Our biggest disappointment with booking rooms with points is that they won't upgrade our hotel rooms when we have booked with points. We book a room with points quite a bit because we live in SoCal and the VGC is one of our home resorts. Because we live so close there are different circumstances that happen that leads us to want to plan last minute trips. And, of course, there is rarely ever anything available in the villas when you try to books only a couple of months out so we wind up booking rooms if we have the points. Every time we check in we ask if there are any upgrades available and the answer is always "I'm sorry, but those are reserved for cash paying guests".
    We do understand that if we were upgraded to the last pool view room over a standard view room and someone were to make a same day reservation, they could possibly be out the difference in dollars. But just how many cash paying guests are likely to be making a same day reservation that they would be out the difference of dollars in room views. Just because we are DVC doesn't mean that we never make cash reservations. We do. Wouldn't it be in their interest to not make us feel like we are the step-children.
    We rarely get called or texted that our room is ready before the official 3 or 4 o'clock check in, so maybe they could ask if you would be willing to wait to see if there was an upgrade available at the official check in time.
    Regardless weather it is a promotion or not, we would like to see room upgrades if available. We also like the bounce back offers since we do make cash reservations too.
    Having fun with the Journey.