Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Copper Creek resales appear

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Copper Creek resales appear

Those looking to own points at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge now have another avenue available for their purchase. However, not all contracts offer the dramatic savings that some associate with a Disney Vacation Club resale.

Copper Creek Cascade Cabin

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

In general I rarely, if ever, see an upside to a resale of a currently selling property. Between sales incentives, obtaining full points, access to developer financing, and the disincentives to buying resale’s (I.e. not receiving all benefits of DVC membership) it just seems to be a lose-lose-lose....

In the first example you’re talking about not getting ~$5.5k in points (conservatively $10/point) to save less than $3k.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got to Weigh the Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by twoehr View Post
    In general I rarely, if ever, see an upside to a resale of a currently selling property. Between sales incentives, obtaining full points, access to developer financing, and the disincentives to buying resale’s (I.e. not receiving all benefits of DVC membership) it just seems to be a lose-lose-lose....

In the first example you’re talking about not getting ~$5.5k in points (conservatively $10/point) to save less than $3k.
    I agree. We bought BCV direct despite resale offering savings. The cost difference just wasn’t enough. I wouldn’t give up the DVC benefits card for a $20 difference in point value. I will easily do better in the long run with the benefits card. After 1 trip, I saved nearly $1200 due to my benefits (food and annual pass discounts).