Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Budget Tightening

Post Thanks / Like

I think that frequent check ins and check outs add to the expense of housekeeping. When timeshares require a one week reservation, the room is only cleaned once. When you need fresh towels you have to go to the front desk or designate spot and exhange your towels. Plus many timeshares charge fees for very thing under the sun, including cleaning on check out. At DVC resorts a guests stays a few nights a full cleaning in done. So if your resorts is popular and is prone to short stays, the housekeeping expense is higher.

I really do not want any fees but that would be a way to reduce maintenance fees. Possibly there would be less split stays if people realized they would have to pay the housekeeping fee twice.

Boy I really hope these ideas never happen. The flexibility and no fees is something I really like at WDW.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost Cutting!

After giving it some thought, I am not sure the financial benefit associated with any cut will ever find its way down to the DVC member. The corporate Bottom Line would be the ultimate winner and not the DVC member. I am not complaining. I just see it as a point of reality.

Since, my wife and I do not own any Timeshare other than Disney's, I have nothing to which to compare. However, the reality for most of us, I imagine, is that we chose DVC because it is Disney. The uniqueness and quality of Disney Service that we had experienced at the other Disney Resorts led us and others I am sure to purchase the Disney Timeshare. To give up anything will only diminish the luster of the Disney experience from the moment you get off the plane (for many of us) to the time you leave the Magical Express Bus at the airport on your last day.

Disney's reputation is obviously very important to the Disney Corporation. In their case, I am sure Disney had determined that "farming out" of services to reduce costs would negatively impact the quality of service. From experience, I know it is very difficult to control what you do not directly supervise. The impact of the negative service would be detrimental to Disney, let alone to the families directly impacted by the negative service.

Without a doubt, vacationing at Disney is expensive, even if you are a DVC member. However, it is not like this was a secret. None of us signed on the bottom line with our head in the sand. There are many ways to reduce costs while you are vacationing at Disney. I have no need to make a list. If you choose not to take advantage of what you can, that is ok because you are on vacation! We all vacation as we want and spend what we want.

It is the quality of Disney Service and the uniqueness of the Disney experience that brings all of us back. To cut corners to save a few bucks or even only a few pennies will inevitably reduce the luster of the experience. If that were to happen, the value associated with what we have already spent or will spend in the future will certainly become questionable. Why would anyone want that to happen?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankM1956 View Post
    Since, my wife and I do not own any Timeshare other than Disney's, I have nothing to which to compare. However, the reality for most of us, I imagine, is that we chose DVC because it is Disney. The uniqueness and quality of Disney Service that we had experienced at the other Disney Resorts led us and others I am sure to purchase the Disney Timeshare. To give up anything will only diminish the luster of the Disney experience from the moment you get off the plane (for many of us) to the time you leave the Magical Express Bus at the airport on your last day.
    I agree with your reasoning on why we bought DVC and I truly love staying at my resorts (been an owner since 1997).

But I also own and have stayed at several TS outside the bubble and can say without hesitation that most were phenomenal.

So after staying at other resorts, we naturally start comparing and the only true "PRO" for DVC is that unique feeling we get when we stay on property. That's it. We own VWL & BCV and love them both, but without WL and BC with all their associated amenities, what do our two resorts have to offer? We own a OKW and would love to retire there (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN) but the resort is huge and without a car or waiting for an internal bus, you can wind up walking a long way for a burger.

The more we picked at it the more we came to realize Disney/DVC just doesn't try that hard to "wow" us as owners. They let the parks do all their work.

Post Thanks / Like

If there's a perception that MFs are actually providing value to the members, I would think most don't have a problem with paying increases. It's when the fees continue to increase and the benefits decrease that dissatisfaction levels would tend to rise. So I'd personally rather not see any cuts but would actually like to see more attention paid to the current levels of service as well as additional ones added to make the inevitable rise of MFs just a bit more palatable.