Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: DVC releases 2018 Annual Dues projections

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DVC releases 2018 Annual Dues projections

    The "Notice of 2017 Annual Meetings" for each Disney Vacation Club resort--which includes budget figures for the coming year--have been posted online by DVC. While most resorts saw some increase in dues, amounts range from a modest 1.07% for owners of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows to a 7.19% increase for Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas.



    Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

    View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It seems like our first two homes - AK and BL - always have over 5% increases. I can understand AK and we were warned about that when we bought it. BL increases always confused me.

    Janet & Dan


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    It seems like our first two homes - AK and BL - always have over 5% increases. I can understand AK and we were warned about that when we bought it. BL increases always confused me.
    Had the exact same thought - doesn't compute in my mind.
    ~Suz

    DW - 12/83; DL - 12/03; DL - 11/11; BLT - 11/12; PP - 11/13; BLT - 11/14




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Copper Creek Villas & Cabins' annual dues amount is actually going DOWN in 2018. It was $7.3336 in 2017 and is projected to be $7.2625 in 2018, a drop of almost 1.0%.

    Also, for those lucky few that have an Aulani deed with subsidized dues, the new 2018 amount will be $5.6644 per point.






  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I took a closer look at Bay Lake Tower's proposed budget amounts for 2018. BLT's annual dues is increasing $0.3003 to $5.9226 per point. Most of that increase is in three budget line items:

    Capital Reserves are increasing $0.1078, up 16.49%;

    Administration/Front Desk is increasing $0.0761, up 13.07%;

    and Ad Valorem Taxes are increasing $0.0899, up 5.62%.


    Overall, Operating expenses for BLT are increasing a modest 2.97% in 2018. Housekeeping, which in the past was rising more than other items, is only increasing a meager $0.0104 per point in 2018. Administration/Front Desk, however, accounts for almost three-fourths of the increase in BLT's Operating expenses.
    Last edited by wdrl; 11-08-2017 at 01:23 PM.






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    I took closer look at Bay Lake Tower's proposed budget amounts for 2018. BLT's annual dues is increasing $0.3003 to $5.9226 per point. Most of that increase is in three budget line items:

    Capital Reserves are increasing $0.1078, up 16.49%;

    Administration/Front Desk is increasing $0.0761, up 13.07%;

    and Ad Valorem Taxes are increasing $0.0899, up 5.62%.


    Overall, Operating expenses for BLT are increasing a modest 2.97% in 2018. Housekeeping, which in the past was rising more than other items, is only increasing a meager $0.0104 per point in 2018. Administration/Front Desk, however, accounts for almost three-fourths of the increase in BLT's Operating expenses.
    Does that factor in the over estimation of last years taxes? I think it was only 20-30$ difference but thats like 100$ canadian
    [SIZE=2]WDW - 1990/DL - 1995/DL - 1996/WDW - 1998/WDW - DEC2008 (POFQ)/WDW - 2010 (POFQ - Proposed 1/31/2010)/WDW and DCL- MAR2011 (CS/Pop and Eastern Carribean on the Magic - Honeymoon)/DL - OCT2011 (Paradise Pier)/Aulani - JAN 2012/DL -OCT2012/WDW -JAN2013(BLT)/WDW - SEP2013(OKW)/DL - DEC2014/WDW and DCL- Sep2015(BLT/VWL, and Western Caribbean on the Fantasy/May 2016(AKV-Kidani)/Jan2017 (Aulani)








  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeef View Post
    Does that factor in the over estimation of last years taxes? I think it was only 20-30$ difference but thats like 100$ canadian
    The property tax adjustments usually don't figure into the proposed budget. If any credit or debit is due because of the difference between the estimated and actual tax amounts, then it is applied to the total amount due for next year's maintenance fees.






  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Angry 9 out of 14 resorts OVER 4% increase !!

    What is going on with Disney DVC maint increases??? Did the Hurricanes hit all the properties?? With 9 of 14 resorts having over 4% increases, it seems to be to be on the excessive... Can't be inflation... Wonder what's driving this ?? Perhaps we will soon receive some new perks that I haven't heard about.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exit 67
    Posts
    9,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadspurg View Post
    ..... Can't be inflation... Wonder what's driving this ??
    There's inflation and then there is Disney Inflation.

    It requires no justification because life to date their customers have shown no hesitation to pay whatever it takes to look at a fake Castle.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Aulani?

    Any further information on the large Aulani increase? Just Disney or is it Hawaii Taxes again? I've been patient with dues changes to date as Aulani is relatively new and has unique costs....but I was assuming it would eventually stabilize and when fully sold out there would be more members to share the fixed costs...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •