Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: DVCNews Debates: FastPass+ vs Maxpass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: FastPass+ vs Maxpass

Most Disney Vacation Club members are undoubtedly familiar with Florida's FastPass+ which allows guests can pre-book up to 3 attractions per day. Disneyland recently debuted a competing system called MaxPass. MaxPass is similar to the legacy paper FP system, allowing guests to secure same-day electronic Passes one-at-a-time via smartphone. MaxPass is an optional product for which Disneland charges $10 per guest, per day.

Topic: Which system do you prefer: FastPass+ or MaxPass?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew it!

I've been saying it since the advent of FP+.

"For just a few dollars more, your family can enjoy the Extra Magic that those less fortunate cannot."

3. Likes disneybaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FP + of course, its free..We pay enough as is it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heck No!!

Absolutely do NOT want to see Disney go down the path of "for a few dollars more" you get queue privileges. What would be next?!

Post Thanks / Like

I was genuinely surprised by how much I liked MaxPass. When they first announced it would be $10 a day, I was positive it was a Disney fee I would never pay. However, when faced with one day in the parks the thought of efficiency won over and I have to say it was well worth the $10. We were able to use more fast passes than I have in years. It was a very busy day in Anaheim and we used at least ten. It saved so much time! I don't think I have used more than 5 fast passes in a day with the My Magic Plus system.

Like AP's I'm sure Disney will find a way to make it worth it for DVC members.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maxpass is awesome

I tried Maxpass for the first time two weeks ago. I admit, I was skeptical and a fairly miffed that you pay for something that's free in Orlando. But I had a complete change of heart once we started using it. Maxpass is just plain awesome. It's game changer for those who struggle to have a complete day while dealing with the overcrowding at Disneyland that has become the new normal. We were there during a packed holiday weekend and never stood in line. Not once. Maxpass essentially told us where to go next.

The reason why I like it better than FastPass+ is that you CAN'T reserve passes prior to the day you enter the park. And you CAN reserve passes for both parks on the same day, provided you have a hopper. This makes the pool of available fastpasses gigantic compared to Orlando . Everything is available, and pretty much available most of the day.

The old fastpass system at Disneyland (the paper based one created in the 90's) had a minimum return time of 45 minutes. That means that if you went to say, Indiana Jones at 9am, and there was nobody in the standby line at all at the time, and requested a fastpass, the return time would be 9:45. Not anymore. The system now monitors how many fastpass users are entering the ride at any given time and adjusts accordingly. Because of that, there were many times that Maxpass told us the fastpass return time was "right now" - even though the standby line at that ride was 90 minutes long. That's totally awesome. There was a time, in the mid afternoon of a packed day, where we went to Space Mountain, then StarTours, then Buzz Lightyear, then the Matterhorn - all in 30 minutes. All of those rides had standby queues of over 1 hour, but we walked right on. After we got off one ride, Maxpass simply told us where to go next. Heck ya, I'll pay for that.

Add in the free PhotoPass that comes with it, and the fact that I came home with dozens of free professionally taken photos with characters and in front of iconic spots, Maxpass is a great deal. And much easier, less stressful than FastPass+