Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Key West refurb under way

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West refurb under way

We may soon say goodbye to the salmon-colored tile and corner tubs at one Disney Vacation Club property.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait to see the refurbished OKW rooms. I do hope they keep a tropical feel to the resort. I think DVC did a great job to update Vero Beach, but that design would not please many OKW owners.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. I wonder what was originally in the plans that wasn't received well. I just hope that the changes don't make everything totally bland and themeless. Sadly, that seems to be happening these days.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed in an OKW 1BR last week. It is not one of our home resorts and it was my wife's first time there. She absolutely loved it - said it was her favorite 1BR of all the WDW DVC resorts (she's stayed at all the others). I think a lot of it was the size and layout, but she really liked the decor as well. I guess we'll see what change brings...

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.. where did the information on the condensed timeline (now completing summer 2018) come from? Seems unlikely that they will be able to rehab 700+ rooms in less than 12 months. Hope that it turns out similar to Vero Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reno

Oh, I agree with the Vero Beach Reno. They are beautiful. We stayed there a week ago and just love the changes. The difference was like between night and day. Hopefully Old Key West will ook as great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good!

I'm glad to see that Old Key West is going through renovation. I stayed there this past June and was surprised that it was not "up to date" like all other DVC resorts. I look forward to visiting OKW after the renovations have been complete. Thank you Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sound Door to 2nd Bedroom

Something I would love to see addressed --- having a better sound proofing of the doorway to the 2nd/designated bedroom - especially when it's a lock-off. Sometimes our 1 bedroom feels like we have guests right in our unit. The door to the 2nd Bedroom or Studio makes it feel like people are right in our living area of the 1 bedroom. It would be great if they could sound-proof those doors in the reno! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love for them to recover the sofa and love seat with something less scratchy (and rebuild the sofa cushions). They were horrible for sitting. A canvas material might be more comfortable and still be durable. And scrape off the alligator finish off the coffee table. They ruined those in the last renovation. And refinish the dining room table (remove that horrible black paint).

Finally, don't put the murphy bed in Old Key West. Leave the two queen beds in the studio.

Plus fix the drainage on the ac units in the studios so they don't leave puddles of water by the kitchenette.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2 Queen Beds, 2 Queen Beds, 2 Queen Beds !!!!!

I sure hope Disney keeps the 2 Queen Beds and NOT go to the Murphy bed like the other resorts. We just stayed at Saratoga in September and the one queen bed is a bit crowded after having a King at home for years. This feature really sets OKW apart from the other resorts and is the primary reason we select the resort.