Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVCNews Debates: New Disneyland Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: New Disneyland Hotel

Last week, Disney revealed new details regarding its planned fourth hotel on Disneyland grounds. The 700-room, Four Diamond hotel will be situated on the western side of Disney’s property, near the monorail station. Planned amenities include two pools and a rooftop restaurant with fireworks viewing platform. One detail not addressed is whether or not the hotel will include Disney Vacation Club villas. The sole DVC presence in California is 48 villas at the Grand Californian Hotel which sold-out way back in 2010. While there would seem to be a market for more villas, the premium land value at Disneyland raises some doubts as to whether Disney wishes to commit additional space to DVC.

Topic: Do you think the new Disneyland hotel will include DVC villas?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

In short, yes it will contain DVC villas. Anything else would not make sense.
    Then again the powers that be, might think in terms of Aulani not selling out fast enough, another west coast DVC would take that focus away.
    But i still think they way we travel and do vacations today a DVC at DL will make sense.
    I could se for us that travel from Europe, that flying in to Los Angeles and doing 2-3 days at DL and then fly on to Aulani
    as a good option. Well you wouldn't need to travel from Europe to like that variation to a vacation.

The naysayers in the Disney sphere will probably claim that since people would prefer shorter stays, hotel rooms would make more sense
    I get Florida were one can stay for weeks and spend a lot of $ on Disney, while the shorter Californian stays will generate more park revenue from
    hotel room guests since the turnaround would be easier to achieve for a straight up hotel.
    Then again, day guests might be the largest crowd at DL, I really have no clue.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will. Just having one DVC on DLR property doesn't make a lot of sense, they need another one, VGC just having , 48 rooms isnt enough. I'm assuming people that dont own there cant get in at 7 months, I haven't tried, so having another one just makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

DVC would love to have another DVC resort at Disneyland, I expect the guides dream of that happening. But I don't think Disneyland needs DVC to sell out the hotel rooms year round, WDW did and does.

I vote NO there will not be a DVC at the new DLRA 4 star hotel. Which would be a real shame as I know they could sell it out.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it will include DVC.

1: DVC points will pay for the entire project.

2: Money TODAY vs long term. Everything revolves around shareholder value and double digit growth. With ESPN & ABC in the tank, not to mention a couple clunkers at the box office, Disney needs the continued cash flow DVC provides. There will never not be a NEXT Resort, all the way up to recycling resorts with expired contracts.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a thought. Might they add DVC units at Grand Californian or convert rooms at the Disneyland Hotel (my personal hope)? That being said, from a cost standpoint, including in the new construction would make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love more DVC units in Disneyland. 48 are not enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the artists' drawings for the new Four Diamond Hotel, it appears it will have multiple wings. If so, it would be easy for Disney to segregate a DVC wing from the cash hotel rooms. For that reason alone, I think there is a good chance that there will be a DVC component at the new hotel.

If there is a DVC component added to the Four Diamond Hotel, I am positive it will be a brand new DVC condominium association; it will not be an addition to the existing Villas at Grand Californian. Unless the Four Diamond DVC is much, much larger than VGC, it will be just as hard for non-owners to book the new resort at the seven month mark. I hope Disney adds at least the same number of DVC vacation homes at the new hotel as they did at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. Copper Creek, which has 184 vacation homes, is about four times the size of VGC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I believe that the new project will contain a DVC component. While it may be true that stays at a DL resort may be shorter than WDW, I don't think that will be a limiting issue. I agree with a pp that DVC will provide for a quicker recouping of project costs. VGC, probably took longer to sell than expected considering it was only 48 units, but because of the desire to use them has nothing but increased I think a new offering will sell much faster than VGC did. BTW, VGC did sell out fairly quickly as it was, (although not as fast as a WDW resort.) The appetite has been wetted, East coasters, like it as a diversion from the usual FL trips, and it is a fantastic way to break up flights to/from Aulani. And if Disney wanted to pick up the pace of Aulani sales, if they granted new Aulani sales also home rights to the new DL DVC, I think there could be a real boost in sales at Aulani. West coasters of course like it for closer trips.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope there is a DVC wing. It would increase the odds of being able to book a villa for a few days before flying over to Aulani.