Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Two queen beds vs. queen + sofa bed

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Two queen beds vs. queen + sofa bed

Disney's Old Key West Resort is the only Disney Vacation Club property to feature two queen size beds in every Deluxe Studio room. Every subsequent resort has been equipped with one queen-size bed plus a full-size sleeper sofa in Studio villas. Which configuration do you prefer?

Topic: Do you prefer Studio villas with two queen beds or one queen + sleeper sofa?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Queen & Sleeper Sofa. Since it's typically just two of us, having the sleeper sofa gives more seating options and the room doesn't feel as cramped.
    Michael

3. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont really have much of a preference one way or the other. It's typically just Scott and I, but if i had to pick, I'd say 1 queen & sofa bed, that way if we want to watch tv, get online, etc, we dont have to sit up in bed.

Post Thanks / Like

I've said for years that OKW should offer a King and sitting area, but I'm good with the Queen/Sofa option.

The resort is 24 yrs old, many owners - including myself - are now empty nesters and have no need of a second bed.

ETA: I don't want all the studios converted, just a portion that could be adjusted up or down as demand dictates.
    Last edited by KNWVIKING 2.0; 10-23-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are a couple as well and I really prefer having the sofa as it is more comfortable for me than sitting on bed. DH doesn't really care as long as he has a table and chair to work to use his computer. I would think the smaller studios would seem really cramped with two beds that were always open, but then we spend time in the studio as going to the parks is not something we do all day every day of our vacation.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vote for two Beds, no Sofa

While a sofa and bed is nice when it's just the wife and I, it really depends on if we have the kids. I'd be more inclined to live with a Studio if having the boys around. The extra bed is definitely needed. I wish they had this configuration at other studios. If we bring the boys to a studio, then it's OKW. If it's just DW and I, then we have more options.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Queen vs Hide a bed couch

Two queens all day every day. It shouldn't be a question. Or replace the totally uncomfortable mattress with a blow up mattress which makes the hide a bed at least bearable.

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer two queen beds since there are no studios with king beds. The two of us cannot sleep together in one queen bed and the sleeper sofas are not meant for adults to sleep on. They are fine for kids. We did it once at BWV for one night for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler, and I slept horribly. We checked out early the next morning to move to OKW where we had a one bedroom villa.

The Polynesian studio is one queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa. I think the GFV also has one queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa (and the murphy bed in both cases as well).

It would be nice if studios only slept two or three instead of adding the murphy bed and make the sleep up to five (plus one under the age of three). That's just too crowded. We stayed in a studio at Parc Soleil (HGVC) and it had one king bed and no other bed at all. Only slept two persons and no under the age of three either. The room was at least as big as the OKW studio if not bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Two queens all day every day. It shouldn't be a question.
    Why????

Post Thanks / Like

We've only dealt with a studio once, part of a BWV 2br lock-off. Then, it would have been handy to have the second bed.

However, I suspect a lot of the time the sofa is more useful, even when used as a lock-off.

It might be nice to have both available at each resort to let people prioritize, but that's additional cost and effort and customer-service load. Might still be worth the trade-offs, though, if this thread is any indication.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son13]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]