Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog-friendly resort policies & relief area maps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog-friendly resort policies & relief area maps

While no Disney Vacation Club properties are slated for inclusion, Walt Disney World has published guest guidelines and maps of "relief areas" for its four dog-friendly resorts.

Disney's Yacht Club Resort

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised there is no weight limit, several pet friendly locations have a "not to exceed 25 lbs" rule.

Is it just dogs? If so, why not cats?

This is going to be ugly. A dog finds itself in a totally new location and the owners are gone for a day. Unless they bring a cage and lock the dog away for the day, the room is going to be trashed.

Post Thanks / Like

So one of the relief areas at the Yacht Club is near the quiet pool? How lovely that's going to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I forget how little green space there is around the Yacht Club. Most is frontage area near entrances. I think with the two so close together and next to a quiet pool will give the dogs more reasons to bark.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure if I still had a dog I'd feel differently about this, but I just can't see this working out. Just one or two guests out of thousands bringing their pets who choose not to follow the rules and big problems can happen. Complaints will be made, police may be involved depending on the severity.

I do believe they could never institute anything like this at either Kidani or Jambo due to welfare of the animals on the savanna, so my investment is safe from these changes. What about all the others that share their amenities with hotels though?
    Last edited by twinklebug; 10-17-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a dog lover

Just not sure how this will work. If I'm paying $400 - $500 for a room and i come back for a nap and there's a barking dog in the room next door then............ Or will there be a section? Hold rooms for dog owners?
    -------------
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yacht club seems like an odd location to do this. I'm guessing it was chosen because they deliberately wanted to steer clear of DVC resorts. Curious to see how this plays out...first if it sticks at the hotels and then if it expands to include DVCs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wonder if this is Disney's way of seeing what the true "want" for this is? They are trying it across the range of resorts and different price points. I don't see them venturing into current DVC resorts with this program as there is no question it will cause increased wear and tear. I think there would be a huge outcry from owners. If there is enough of a demand, will they build an entire pet friendly resort with rooms and outdoor areas designed with this in mind? And at what price level? And next question, if they build this, will they build a DVC section for owners who want this perk and are willing to pay increased dues for it?

Post Thanks / Like

What I find odd about the selection Yacht Club is that YC is the intended location for Conventions. It just doesn't make sense, conventioneers probably don't travel with pets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    What I find odd about the selection Yacht Club is that YC is the intended location for Conventions. It just doesn't make sense, conventioneers probably don't travel with pets.
    Agree. That's why I'm thinking it may have to do with the lack of a DVC presence at YC. Every other deluxe has DVC villas now.