Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Villa size for 5

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Villa size for 5

Over the years, Disney Vacation Club has taken numerous approaches to accommodating a party of 5 guests. Originally all Studio and One Bedroom villas were limited to just 4 guests, forcing those with 5 or more to reserve a Two Bedroom. Even today, the Value rooms at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and Copper Creek Villas would require a party of 5 to book a Two Bedroom. Most other One Bedroom and even Studio villas now accommodate 5 with the addition of sleeper chairs or Murphy Beds. Of course, comfort level in each of those situations is open to interpretation.

Topic: Taking into account the point cost, which villa size would you book for a party of 5?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never needed to do 5 in a room so I have no past experience in which to base my opinion, but I would go with a studio or worst case a one bedroom. The room is NOT our vacation. We spend very little awake time in our room and even when we are there it's usually out on the balcony.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never needed room for 5 either, but in my opinion the studios would seem a little cramped for 5. i would say a one bedroom.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Idea!

We have 5 in our family and when all 5 of us visit Disney we have had to get a 1 bedroom unit. Last time we visited we stayed at the Animal Kingdom villas. They had a great set up that had 2 bathrooms, the sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. We ended up bringing a blow up mattress because it was 3 boys and no one wanted to sleep together. We had a beautiful room with a balcony that reached all across the bedroom and living room area and the best part was the 2 bathrooms. 1 the boys could use and 1 for us attached to our King bedroom. Full kitchen we used a ton out off. Used to do the food service when the boys were little but now with the pickiness the kitchen works best. Boys are ages 26, 21, 17.
    Very glad to be able to have further options if all 5 of us go together which is getting harder as they get older.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Depends on the resort, actually....

We are a party of five. With BLT and AKL, one-bedroom villas having two bathrooms work out well for us. We made the mistake of booking a one bedroom at OKW, and although the room is spacious, one bathroom is really not enough for five adults all trying to get done at the same time. So at the older resorts, BWV, BCV, OKW and SSR, we definitely book a two-bedroom villa when it's the five of us. We would never consider the studio for five of us. My husband and I take our one adult son, who is physically disabled and in a wheelchair, down in the winter for a little break, and I made the mistake of book the HCA studio at SSR. The studio was really small. I mean small....And no matter how much they tried to tell me the bed was a queen, no way....unless they make small studio queen beds? It was more the size of a full/double. When it is just the three of us, we rent the one bedroom, just to have room for him to get around because studios really aren't wheelchair friendly, no matter the HCA label.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball Mom View Post
    Last time we visited we stayed at the Animal Kingdom villas. They had a great set up that had 2 bathrooms, the sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmonken View Post
    With BLT and AKL, one-bedroom villas having two bathrooms work out well for us.
    Just an FYI: the 1-bedrooms in AKV Kidani Village have 2 bathrooms while those in AKV Jambo House only have 1.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

We've always gone with 2br for a family of five. Part of that was that we were going before the extra sleeper was available in the 1br, so we got used to it. Part is that we're generally doing infrequent long visits, so having a bit more room is useful. I could see dropping back to a 1br for a few nights, but we're usually there for 8 or 9 nights, and putting three teenagers on the fold-outs for that long is...let's go with 'unlikely to make for a happy vacation'.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son13]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazrak View Post
    ...... and putting three teenagers on the fold-outs for that long is...let's go with 'unlikely to make for a happy vacation'.
    Leaving one or more at home isn't an option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Leaving one or more at home isn't an option?
    Don't tempt me.

But, no.
    [WDW visits: DxL 1/98, VWL 1/03, WL 6/03, VWL 1/08, BWV 1/13, BCV 1/16, POFQ 4/17]
    [DL visits: 7/90, 11/93, 11/94, 11/95, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 11/99, 12/00, 8/01, 1/06, 2/08, 2/12, 6/14, VGC 7/16, DLH/VGC 1/17]
    [Family: me46, wife46, daughter19, son17, son13]
    [Races: 2016 WDW 10k, 2017 SW Light Side Rebel Challenge, 2017 SW Dark Side Half]

Post Thanks / Like

While I have never had a party of five with me, as a party of 4 I needed 3 sleep surfaces, unfortunately we were staying at OKW which didn't have a pull-out chair or drop-down bed so the boy got to sleep on an air mattress on the floor. I prefer my privacy, so I often get 2 studios even for just 2 of us. I have done a 2 bedroom for 2 of us and that worked fine, but generally for the point diff for 2 studios compared to a 2 bedroom the studios win, as I don't need the kitchen or laundry.