Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations"

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC adds RCI "Extra Vacations"

Disney Vacation Club members can now participate in RCI's "Extra Vacations" program, paying low cash prices for timeshare accommodations without trading any points.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Interval International has done this for years, they call them "Getaways". We just a week late Jan for our 40th anniversary in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott OceanWatch at Grande Dunes for a tad over $400.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Interval International has done this for years, they call them "Getaways". We just a week late Jan for our 40th anniversary in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott OceanWatch at Grande Dunes for a tad over $400.00.
    Extra Vacations are not new to RCI. It's just that DVC members are being given access to them. Last December, I booked a 3 BR 3 BA unit, right behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, for $250 total for a week through RCI. I haven't looked yet, but I'll be that Disney will have blocked the Orlando resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegMML View Post
    Extra Vacations are not new to RCI. It's just that DVC members are being given access to them. Last December, I booked a 3 BR 3 BA unit, right behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, for $250 total for a week through RCI. I haven't looked yet, but I'll be that Disney will have blocked the Orlando resorts.
    Orange Lake is a nice resort.

Years ago II was the DVC trading partner and back then all the resorts outside the bubble were blocked. No reason to believe DVC won't have the same restrictions with RCI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 View Post
    Orange Lake is a nice resort.

Years ago II was the DVC trading partner and back then all the resorts outside the bubble were blocked. No reason to believe DVC won't have the same restrictions with RCI.
    I haven't tried Orange Lake yet. I stayed at Silver Lake.

And you can't trade into DVC with an Orlando resort, which is why I bought a resale timeshare in Las Vegas. It trades nicely into DVC, although it usually only Saratoga Springs or Old Key West these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegMML View Post
    Believe so. When skimming this RCI cash inventory, I was using the map view which uses little bubbles to show number of resort options in a certain geographic area. When hovering over Orlando, it showed a big fat zero.