Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Additional Lounge

Post Thanks / Like

I've told them they should open one in every park and I think a perfect place in MK would be the Castle Suite that they never use anymore. We really love the one in EPCOT. It's especially awesome to be able to get some rest while the kids chill and watch tv.

Post Thanks / Like

Default AK

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    If I could only have one other location, I'd pick Animal Kingdom. That's because that's the hottest-feeling park, and an air-conditioned spot to sit down in would be particularly welcome.
    I agree totally with that. Especially as they add better attractions and stay open longer. My other choice would be Disney Springs. Even though there are a lot of restaurants etc. I find I always need a bit of break here.

AKVHutch

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Members Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    If I could only have one other location, I'd pick Animal Kingdom. That's because that's the hottest-feeling park, and an air-conditioned spot to sit down in would be particularly welcome.
    I agree....there is nowhere to escape the heat at AK, unless you happen upon an empty seat in a restaurant. That would be a great location, provided there wasn't a lot of construction/renovation to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    If all the lounges are going to be off the beaten path, like the one in Epcot, then I agree with 'New Jersey'. Then again, it probably isn't for us. Our idea of getting out of the heat involves more than AC and a bottle of water. My ideal napping spot is the resort pool.

Hahaha....I can appreciate the comment, esp after walking in circles to actually find the lounge (being mis-directed by cast members), then finding out that the bathroom was OUTSIDE the building, around the corner in a very "unused" area. The rest of our party had to wait for the bathroom goers before we were allowed to go up. More convenient accessibility is the BEST idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
    I agree that DHS would be an ideal spot for a second DVC lounge. I’m sure there are plenty of “under-utilized” second floor spaces that could be retrofitted to accommodate a DVC lounge.
    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I am thinking DHS because of all the changes there. With Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land DHS will become very popular and extremely crowded.
    Oooh! Dare we hope that they have planned for one somewhere within the new Star Wars land? With the advance planning they had, I would think it could be possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1972 View Post
    Oooh! Dare we hope that they have planned for one somewhere within the new Star Wars land? With the advance planning they had, I would think it could be possible.
    Seems like when we went in once at HS for one of those random surveys I just got to talking to the CM's doing it and told them it would be awesome if they put one in every park and they sort of strongly insinuated that they thought it was a possibility. So who knows? I had totally forgotten about that until just now.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see one in every park. I think they should add another to world showcase in EPCOT. Chase has abandoned their lounge, that would work well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BPMorley View Post
    Chase has abandoned their lounge, that would work well
    The American Adventure Parlor (space used during F&W for the Chase Lounge) is closed for construction and is rumored to be the Epcot Club 33 location.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Default #2 DVC Lounge

Like others a Magic Kingdom spot would be nice. They have a few places that are being unused.