Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Additional Lounge

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Additional Lounge

In 2016, Disney Vacation Club opened a members-only lounge in Epcot. The benefits are rather modest: comfortable seating in a private air conditioned space, free soft drinks, smartphone charging stations. Nevertheless, the spot has proven quite popular among owners.

Topic: In what other location would you like to see a DVC members-only lounge?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I think in one of the Castles' towers would be nice. Great views of the park. Cinderella's castle of course being centrally located. However, the Beast/Belle's castle is easy to reach from all but tomorrowland.

Post Thanks / Like

New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

I think all 4 parks should have one. Where specifically in each park I'm not sure. But the Epcot one sure came in handy when I got heat exhaustion, otherwise I'd have been in first aid even longer

5. Likes Gatjat143 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I think all 4 parks should have one. Where specifically in each park I'm not sure. But the Epcot one sure came in handy when I got heat exhaustion, otherwise I'd have been in first aid even longer
    i agree...it would be nice if all 4 parks had a DVC lounge. i'm sure it was 'convenient' to put one in Epcot, since there was an empty space with the size that's conducive to being a lounge. it may be more of a 'reach' to put one in the other parks if doing so would require a lot of construction / retro-fitting. but my family has really taken advantage of and enjoyed the one in the Imagination pavilion over the past few trips. would love to see them elsewhere!

7. Likes athenna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking DHS because of all the changes there. With Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land DHS will become very popular and extremely crowded.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I am thinking DHS because of all the changes there. With Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land DHS will become very popular and extremely crowded.
    Be careful what you wish for.... they could bring back the BAH and stick us in there.

Post Thanks / Like

If I could only have one other location, I'd pick Animal Kingdom. That's because that's the hottest-feeling park, and an air-conditioned spot to sit down in would be particularly welcome.

11. Likes athenna, Gatjat143 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If all the lounges are going to be off the beaten path, like the one in Epcot, then I agree with 'New Jersey'. Then again, it probably isn't for us. Our idea of getting out of the heat involves more than AC and a bottle of water. My ideal napping spot is the resort pool.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I agree that DHS would be an ideal spot for a second DVC lounge. I’m sure there are plenty of “under-utilized” second floor spaces that could be retrofitted to accommodate a DVC lounge.