Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices Rise for One Time Use Points

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneybaker View Post
    If you understood the rules, all current use year points must be used first in order to use 1 time use points, so if you used all your points and needed 3, where would those points come from to need 21 more if you used all your points on the first trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you understood the points chart, you would know that 21 points or less is all you need for a two or three night stay in a studio at some resorts during Value season.

Post Thanks / Like

If you understood the rules, all current use year points must be used first in order to use 1 time use points, so if you used all your points and needed 3, where would those points come from to need 21 more if you used all your points on the first.
    I am not sure they require you to use the current points first before you get OTUPs. We had some current points but we were saving them for an 11 month mark reservation. I think this is another change that is been made over the years. The CM did make sure we realized we had those current year points but she accepted we needed them for a home resort advantage reservation that we can't make until January 2018.
    Last edited by denlo; 10-10-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

If you understood the rules, all current use year points must be used first in order to use 1 time use points, so if you used all your points and needed 3, where would those points come from to need 21 more if you used all your points on the first trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do not have to use all your current use year points first before buying OTUP. I have been buying OTUP every year for the past 5 or 6 years and have always bought them before using all my current use year points. OTUP can only be used for reservations made 7 months or less of arrival date. So I buy OTUP for these type of reservatioons as early in the use year as I can, saving my other current use year points for 7+ to 11 month in advance reservations, so I can take advantage of my home resort priority.
    Last edited by DVCDreamer; 10-09-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: correct misspelling