Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney After Hours is back for 2018 with Discounts for Members

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney After Hours is back for 2018 with Discounts for Members

Walt Disney World has revived its "Disney After Hours" program, offering exclusive access and light crowds at the Magic Kingdom. And Disney Vacation Club members are eligible for discounted tickets.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember the E-nights of around 2000? OK, not all the rides were open in MK, only about 10 of them. But it only cost me $13, not a "discount" of $89! Even allowing for inflation of about 17 years, I'm just shocked at the cost. What do you get for all that extra money? I remember that the "biggies" were open-Space Mountain, Splash, Haunted Mansion, etc. I remember going on BTMRR 3 times in a row. Although I enjoyed it at $13, it's definitely not worth today's cost.

Post Thanks / Like

While I will never pay twice for a park (AP and After Hours) my hope is that others will opt to purchase JUST the After Hours ticket and maybe that will thin the herd during normal operating hours at MK.

Years ago I could & would enjoy spending nearly the entire day at MK. Now, the crowds are so bad and the lines so long, I hit my FP+ rides, do a couple TTA's (The Worlds Greatest Ride !!!), maybe grab a CS that catches my eye and we're out of there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2003

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    Does anyone remember the E-nights of around 2000? OK, not all the rides were open in MK, only about 10 of them. But it only cost me $13, not a "discount" of $89! Even allowing for inflation of about 17 years, I'm just shocked at the cost. What do you get for all that extra money? I remember that the "biggies" were open-Space Mountain, Splash, Haunted Mansion, etc. I remember going on BTMRR 3 times in a row. Although I enjoyed it at $13, it's definitely not worth today's cost.
    I remember spending $50/band for 3 extra hours at MK in 2003 and being told it was limited to 5000 on site guests.

(There were 4 of us and I've slept since then. It could have been $50 for all 4 of us, but I seem to remember $50 each.)

That was my first visit to MK. I remember the rides during the extra event all being walk ons. Kids thought it was amazing.