Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Magical Express Transportation?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Magical Express Transportation?

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your advice. We will be in Florida at Jenson Beach on the east coast for a week in April 2018 starting on the 3rd before spending 2 weeks at the BC and then moving on to VB for a week. Renting a car for all 4 weeks may come to $800. to $900.these days, at this point in time. Last year even booking 6 months out and then checking back almost daily didn't bring any discounts as time went on. So two save some dollars we were thinking of using Magical Express for the 2 weeks at the BC. My question is, can I check in and keep the car for 2 extra days to visit places like Bok Tower Gardens, and then turn in the car and use ME to return to the resort after dropping off the car? Would Disney care or even know that we were already checked in at the resort? Now I know that some will suggest dropping off the car at the resort, the problem with that is they will tack on a extra fee for a non airport return and its not a $1.99 but more like $573.72 per week extra which negates the savings of not renting for those 2 weeks. Again thanks for your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Evidently this happens a lot. Many have reported that they just enter the arrival date and time as the day they want to use MDE and leave the flight information blank. Others call MDE direct and have it set up for the date and time they need. So it looks like it will work for you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ai...vation/?bhcp=1
    Last edited by denlo; 09-15-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

3. Thanks tigger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Response to car rental return and riding ME back to resort,

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your advice. We will be in Florida at Jenson Beach on the east coast for a week in April 2018 starting on the 3rd before spending 2 weeks at the BC and then moving on to VB for a week. Renting a car for all 4 weeks may come to $800. to $900.these days, at this point in time. Last year even booking 6 months out and then checking back almost daily didn't bring any discounts as time went on. So two save some dollars we were thinking of using Magical Express for the 2 weeks at the BC. My question is, can I check in and keep the car for 2 extra days to visit places like Bok Tower Gardens, and then turn in the car and use ME to return to the resort after dropping off the car? Would Disney care or even know that we were already checked in at the resort? Now I know that some will suggest dropping off the car at the resort, the problem with that is they will tack on a extra fee for a non airport return and its not a $1.99 but more like $573.72 per week extra which negates the savings of not renting for those 2 weeks. Again thanks for your advice.
    We did this in Sept. Rented car for 8 days then returned it to airport. Then took ME back to resort (with no prior reservation.) They scanned a magic band and saw where we were staying, then directed us to our bus. No problems. Used rentalcars.com and carrentals.com. Continued checking, and prices fell about a week prior to our need.

Post Thanks / Like

If you drop the car at the Alamo site over by the MK they do not charge you a drop fee. I've done it a bunch of times because flying in to MCO got so expensive that we decided to start using Allegiant and flying in to Tampa or Sanford and renting a car to drive over there and drop it off as soon as I get there and pick it up the last day to drive it back to the airport for the flight home. I get a discount with Alamo for working at UPS and I wind up being able to get the car for like 50 bucks and not get charged a drop fee. That's a lot better than having to pay Delta or some other airline about 2 grand for less than a 90 minute flight. Magical Express is nice though and I do sorta miss it.