Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Direct Sales Improve in August 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Direct Sales Improve in August 2017

Led by a 30% increase in sales for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, the Disney Vacation Club resorts located at Walt Disney World sold 201,247 points in August making it the fifth month in 2017 that sales have topped the 200,000 point mark.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Likes denlo liked this post
    CarolMN is offline Enjoying This CHOICE Site
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that CCV sales will continue to improve due to the favorable info on property taxes. Surely, the guides will be letting people know that taxes were overestimated by $1.61 pp and that they will be getting a credit towards 2018 dues as a result.

The overestimation also means (obviously) that the CCV dues for 2018 will be a lot closer to those at the PVB & VGF. In fact, I wonder if they will even end up lower than those for BRV. If so, that will be a surprise to those who thought the cabins were going to be costly to maintain!

Thanks for the article!

4. Likes denlo, Czguest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
    I'm thinking that CCV sales will continue to improve due to the favorable info on property taxes. Surely, the guides will be letting people know that taxes were overestimated by $1.61 pp and that they will be getting a credit towards 2018 dues as a result.

The overestimation also means (obviously) that the CCV dues for 2018 will be a lot closer to those at the PVB & VGF. In fact, I wonder if they will even end up lower than those for BRV. If so, that will be a surprise to those who thought the cabins were going to be costly to maintain!

Thanks for the article!
    Disney is sort of in an awkward position when it comes to estimating property taxes on new properties. Sure, the Guides could point out that Copper Creek's 2017 annual dues were significantly overestimated and that the actual dues amount would have Copper Creek with the third lowest dues amount for the 10 DVC resorts at WDW.

However, we all "know" that Copper Creek's appraisal value will increase significantly in 2018. Keep in mind that the Polynesian's appraisal value jumped from a minuscule $3,500 in 2015 (its inaugural year) to $78,502,970 in 2016, and is now at $185,052,762 in 2017. So, a reasonable person knows that Copper Creek's taxes will be going up in 2018 and 2019.

If Disney told potential buyers of Copper Creek that its 2017 annual dues would be only $5.7204 instead of the overestimated $7.3336, it would technically be correct. But once Copper Creek receives its final appraisal, its property taxes will go up according. Think of all the angry owners that would accuse Disney of lowballing them when their taxes are adjusted upward.

I'm sure Disney has lost some Copper Creek sales because of the high annual dues amount. But like the old saying "Under promise and over deliver", I think Disney realizes its better to overestimate property taxes the start of the year and then be able to give credits at the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Add ons

I think a statistic worth noting going forward is how many of these contracts - especially legacy contracts - are 25 point add ons - the majority now being bought for perks.

4,300 points at BLT is amazing at $185/point. I wonder how many are add ons for perks. For example, BLT's 4,279 points were spread over 53 contracts or 81 points per contract on average. That seems like a powerful skew to lower point contracts.

In 3-5 yrs, the market is going to be flooded with 25 point contracts.
    Last edited by ziravan; 09-19-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziravan View Post
    I think a statistic worth noting going forward is how many of these contracts - especially legacy contracts - are 25 point add ons - the majority now being bought for perks.

4,300 points at BLT is amazing at $185/point. I wonder how many are add ons for perks. For example, BLT's 4,279 points were spread over 53 contracts or 81 points per contract on average. That seems like a powerful skew to lower point contracts.

In 3-5 yrs, the market is going to be flooded with 25 point contracts.
    In August 2017, 88 of about 1,600 direct deeds were for 25 points. Its certainly possible to search through the paper trail and identify how many of these 88 25-point deeds were bought by DVC members who bought resale deeds after April 4, 2016. However, it would be a very tedious and time consuming process to match up each 25-point deed with the owner's original master contract.

We can't assume that all 25-point deeds are purchased by resale owners trying to qualify for Extra Magic benefits. Keep in mind that there are a number of direct-only owners who add on in 25-point increments. Anecdotally, I've heard of some members who wanted to add on more points but that they had to buy small deeds because DVD had only a small number of points available.