Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Irma Prompts Historic 2-Day Park Closure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irma Prompts Historic 2-Day Park Closure

All of the Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs shopping district will close for two full days as the Orlando area braces for Hurricane Irma.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane Irma is currently 400 miles across. Currently the projected the path for Irma is following the Gulf Coast of Florida then most of the state until the panhandle will still feel the effects of the storm.

Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts here in the Houston area are with you!
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We are now in SC driving to FL. Our home in Davenport is still without any power and word is it will remain the same until midnight this Sunday. I don't think there will be much damage, if any, but we won't actually know until we get there later today. If anything, we heard it will have been caused by the winds and we may luck out and only have some tiles missing on the roof. I called DVC this morning and we were able to get 2 nights at Boulder Ridge for tonight and tomorrow night but there's no availability for Saturday night. So, I called to see if any availability in a moderate resort and was able to get Caribbean Resort for Saturday night. They also waived the $95 processing fee for converting my points to cash when I mentioned I needed a place to stay because of Irma. Thought that was very nice of them. Good thing I previously had booked BLT and The Boardwalk or we could be in trouble. Will be staying in Florida until October 7th now. My husband is supposed to go to the Patriots/Tampa game on October 5th.
    ~Diana

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your home is fine and you get power soon. And have a wonderful time at WDW.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Denise. Will keep my fingers crossed. Will definitely have a good time in Disney resorts and theme parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Diana