Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVC Hurricane Policy

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Hurricane Policy

The cleanup from Hurricane Harvey has barely begun and now we have Hurricane Irma waiting in the wings. This seems like a wise time to review Disney Vacation Club's policy regarding weather-related cancellations.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What happens when you leave in the middle of your reservation?

I have a reservation at SSR that starts tomorrow Wednesday, Sept 6 (going to the DVC event at AK) and have a check out for Monday, Monday Sept 11. If I decide I should leave say on Friday morning, what happens to the points for my other 3 nights I didn't stay? Are they gone or will Disney give them back to me? They are from October use year so don't think I will be scheduling another trip this month. I am driving so I can leave whenever it is necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

To say I am worried is an understatement, just glad we aren't scheduled to leave until 9/13, so we have a week. Of course my thoughts are with the people that reside in the affected areas this is only my vacation, this is their lives.

OmaOwl, sorry I dont have an answer to your questions I have no experience with this at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OmaOwl View Post
    I have a reservation at SSR that starts tomorrow Wednesday, Sept 6 (going to the DVC event at AK) and have a check out for Monday, Monday Sept 11. If I decide I should leave say on Friday morning, what happens to the points for my other 3 nights I didn't stay? Are they gone or will Disney give them back to me? They are from October use year so don't think I will be scheduling another trip this month. I am driving so I can leave whenever it is necessary.
    I would definitely call and ask Member Services as the hurricane policy only returns points to the UY the points came from. Plus I am not sure how it works for an interrupted vacation. Please let us know what MS says.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

OmaOwl My husband and I live here in FL. I just cancelled my reservation for AK tonight bc husband and I are leaving to head to Baltimore where my kids live. My 37 pts. are going back to UY that ends 11/30/2017. So MS will give the pts. back but you have to use them before the end of your current UY. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting for the online chat person to come on, I have an october use year, I have points expiring 9/30 which is why we picked Sept instead of October in the first place I saved 3 years worth of points for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hurricane Matthew

We were there at WDW last September for Hurricane Matthew. We were scheduled to check out on Friday, but that's the day they actually closed the parks for the storm. My wife decided that we should leave early, so we checked out on Thursday instead. They gave me back the points for the last night of our stay. The only issue was when I received them back in my account they were restricted use points, which I specifically asked about when I cancelled and was told they would be regular use points to do whatever we wanted with. Well a quick email to member services resolved it and those 17 points became that UY points which I was able to bank into the following year with no problem. They handled it all very well and I was pleased with it. Now the drive north towards home leaving ahead of Matthew through an already evacuated Hilton Head and Savannah was a bit more difficult. We opted for an inland route up through Atlanta and the Great Smoky Mountains (higher ground!) on our way back to Eastern Maryland. :-)

-Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

well, after waiting for chat for about 40 minutes, i got thrown out of chat somehow I dont have time to try it again now, have to leave in 20min for drs appointment. i'l try again tomorrow unless the weather makes a dramatic change. if my use year wasn't Oct it wouldnt be so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to call Disney reservations this afternoon about 3:00 and as soon as I finished dialing, an automated voice came on the line saying that all circuits are busy and please try again later. I tried again every few minutes for about another 15 minutes before giving up. Each time hearing the same recording. I suspect this is due to Hurricane Harvey with so many people in Fl on the phones trying to make plans to get out.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the online chat earlier and was told to call because my points will expire on 9/30 hurricane or no hurricane
    i considered flying to WDW sooner , ahead of the storm, there was availability @ BLT, but who knows when the storm is coming?
    I'm going to call tomorrow in hopes I get a better answer.