Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Annual Pass Promo Reaction

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Annual Pass Promo Reaction

Last month, Disney Vacation Club debuted a limited time member promo to purchase the Platinum Plus Annual Pass for 25% off the regular price, a savings of over $200 per ticket. At this pricing, the Platinum Plus Pass costs about the same price as the Gold Pass but includes visits to the Disney waterparks and eliminates blockout dates. The discounted pass must be purchased by January 3, 2018. While the pricing is certainly very attractive, is it enough to alter vacation plans?

Topic: Did the Platinum Plus 25% discount prompt changes to your travel plans for 2017/18?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't change the travel plans, as we were planning 2 weeks anyway, but definitely made deciding what tickets to get easier.

Post Thanks / Like

It won't change our plans, but it will save us some $$. Even at the "regular" DVC discount, prior to this promo it was cheaper for us to purchase Gold APs plus Water Park APs than to purchase the Platinum Plus (something like $60pp in savings). Upgrading our GAP vouchers to PPAPs at zero additional cost will save us the ~$125 per WPAP.

$125 will buy a lot of Lapu Lapus!

mk
    Very happy SSR owner since 2005!

Post Thanks / Like

The 13-month renewal bonus combined with the additional usual discount for renewals made quite a good deal, I think. Did not hesitate to renew.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not changing our travel plans, but is really making us think about whether to renew and upgrade our Gold AP that expires in December or just buy a new Platinum Plus AP and activate it for our March trip. Our current AP expires a week before our vacation ends because of the last 13 month extension. So do we go with a resort only trip for that week or buy the special MYW tickets for that week, or just renew and forever have a December vacation where need a new AP in the middle of the trip. Ahh---1st world Disney problems.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Might change our plans to include water parks this trip, makes that decision much easier. I'm hoping to hit both TL and BB this trip now, while going to one was a tough sell at $200 for our family of four.

We had just purchased gold vouchers a few weeks before, so we're happy that they're allowing us to upgrade when we activate our passes. Would have been very disappointing otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Might inspire us to try out the water parks on our May trip and for next October

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

We're not water park people, and I don't even know when the block out dates on the Gold pass were (I guess we never considered traveling whenever they are), so for us the Platinum Plus AP didn't seem to be an advantage. A great savings for those who would use the amenities, but for us, it doesn't change anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    We're not water park people, and I don't even know when the block out dates on the Gold pass were (I guess we never considered traveling whenever they are), so for us the Platinum Plus AP didn't seem to be an advantage. A great savings for those who would use the amenities, but for us, it doesn't change anything.
    Blockouts are only Christmas and Easter, so don't affect us either, but you never know what a year might bring. Since it's a break even, it can't hurt to have the water parks included too IMO. We usually don't go to them otherwise, last time was when they offered this a few years ago. Can't beat "free"!

Post Thanks / Like

Similar to what Dot said, I don't need the additional perks of the platinum pass, I'd benefit better from an extra discount in the Gold pass.

That said, since I'll grab a couple vouchers in Dec, we may visit a water park or two, if for no other reason than to do a few laps in the hazy rivers.