Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Minnie Van' shuttle service debuts at Walt Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Minnie Van' shuttle service debuts at Walt Disney World

Guests staying at two Disney Vacation Club resorts can now utilize the Disney-branded ridesharing service.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a very neat idea. $20 may be a bit pricey, but depending on the circumstances of where and or when you're going, i can see it being worth it. I'll be at BWV the first 7 nights of my trip, so i'll be eligible to use it, but i dont know that i'll need to. if I do use it, I'll be sure to let you know.
    Last edited by athenna; 08-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly, one of the advantages of the Minnie Shuttle Service is that guests going to the Magic Kingdom will be dropped off at the MK bus loop. Uber and Lyft rides are dropped off at the Transportation and Ticket Center and then have to take the ferry or monorail to the Park.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if it is $20 per person or a flat fee for the van no matter how many ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
    Does anyone know if it is $20 per person or a flat fee for the van no matter how many ride?
    Yes, it's a $20 flat fee, regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
    Flat fee and includes 2 car seats which Lyft & Uber add a $10 surcharge for. They are using 7 passenger vehicles which would be a higher base fare with Lyft & Uber. Also, no tipping with the Minnie Vans. Reportedly, if you have a large group and/or have a lot of luggage and can't fit in one Minnie Van, they will use a second at no additional cost.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Flat fee and includes 2 car seats which Lyft & Uber add a $10 surcharge for. They are using 7 passenger vehicles which would be a higher base fare with Lyft & Uber. Also, no tipping with the Minnie Vans. Reportedly, if you have a large group and/or have a lot of luggage and can't fit in one Minnie Van, they will use a second at no additional cost.
    Thank you Michael for posting this additional information. That is a lot of extras included. The one that really surprises me is when they have too much luggage to fit in a single Minnie van. Right now I can see guests doing split stays using the Minnie van to move luggage and themselves to the new resort. No tipping even though the CM is loading and unloading your luggage? Wow. Or will valet do the loading and unloading of luggage?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    No tipping even though the CM is loading and unloading your luggage? Wow. Or will valet do the loading and unloading of luggage?
    One of the app screens say no tipping. Not sure what Lyft will do if someone adds a tip using the app (since Lyft wouldn't deactivate that feature).

Now if the valet loads any luggage into the vehicle, that would be different.

One review I saw had two cases where someone tried to tip the driver. One driver flat out refused the tip while the other accepted it.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

As an fyi, you definitely have the option to tip. Anecdotally, several readers on the various forums have indicated that they've had some cast members say, "No tipping!" Others have gladly accepted a few extra dollars either in cash or via the Lyft app. I've also watched a video wherein someone pays a tip on the app.

The "no tipping" rule seems to be like Uber. The conceit is that there's no tip, but the drivers really hope that you ignore that rule.

The scuttlebutt is that Lyft wouldn't disable tipping in its app exclusively for Disney. I have no idea how accurate or unfounded that rumor is.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to share for those considering using this while at Disney. I just downloaded the App and it gives you 5-$5 off credits to use within 13 days so don't download the App until you are closer to your Arrival date. I will be leaving in 4 days for 10 days so I won't miss any chances to use them. I normally use a cab 1-2 times a trip to go from a resort restaurant back to my own resort.

11. Thanks denlo thanked for this post