Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVC Introduces New Referral Program

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Introduces New Referral Program

Disney Vacation Club owners can earn rewards when they "Dream It Foward" and share the benefits of Disney's timeshare program with friends and family.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for including the fine print on this latest referral program. I am a bit surprised that Texas is included as one of the eligible States. In the past, Texas residents could not qualify for any cash bonuses offered by the prior referral programs because, in Texas, only licensed real estate agents and brokers were eligible for such cash benefits.

I find it interesting that the fine print says a member could make up to 12 referrals a year, but can only use one 'experience' per year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Virginia not included

I find it interesting that Virginia is not an included state but DVC still sent me the announcement email when my address on file is in Virginia. I'm not eligible for the "prize" but they are still willing to let me refer people

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you do 12 referrals in one year and the referrals all buy direct and purchase a large number of points, will they let you stay in a Grand Villa for free for a week? I am just throwing out suggestions to DVC, just in case we get to refer so many new members.

It will be interesting to see what the rewards will be. I can see that a reward could be based on the number of points purchased. If my referred friend only buys 50 points it would mean a $120 valued experience but if the buyer purchased 500 points it would be a more valuable experience.

Although I would always have to remind my referral about buying resale and saving some money. So maybe I wouldn't be eligible for a reward anyway.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't they say when they got rid of Sharing the Magic that they would come back with something that would benefit all members? We used to live in Indiana and could take advantage of this but moved to Tennessee where we weren't eligible. They did away with StM so no big deal. I was looking forward to whatever a replacement would be but this is really StM 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcooley View Post
    Didn't they say when they got rid of Sharing the Magic that they would come back with something that would benefit all members? We used to live in Indiana and could take advantage of this but moved to Tennessee where we weren't eligible. They did away with StM so no big deal. I was looking forward to whatever a replacement would be but this is really StM 2.0.
    Yep. We live in east TN also and I've always said we should have some kind of program for referring people and then they told me "well we do but you live in TN so you can't participate in it". Seems like they said it had something to do with taxes or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your pain. I am still amazed that Texas is on the okay list.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge