Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Day, Three Parks, a lot of FastPasses

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Day, Three Parks, a lot of FastPasses

Walt Disney World's FastPass+ system allows guests to reserve ride times for 3 attractions up to 60 days in advance. But why stop at just 3 FastPasses? With careful planning, you can actually obtain a whole lot more than that.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Results were still quite satisfying

The "results were still quite satisfying" - for whom? It's nice to know that I'm not the only insane Disney Dad (now Granddad) out there. Thanks for the tips!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Fastpass+ is a Godsend.
    Especially for people like me who rarely enter the Parks before late morning or early afternoon.
    As a Southern California local, I'm reminded how much I love those WDW Magicbands every time I go to those stupid machines to collect a paper Fastpass at DL or CA.

I'm shocked though, Tim, that you never road the new Navi' River Journey ride during a long 10 day visit (Fastpass or not). Was the stand-by line really that bad? I also hate long waits, but that's brand new and looks pretty interesting!!
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)
    DLR - Superbowl Weekend, 2018 (Grand Calfornian)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worldfanatic View Post
    I'm shocked though, Tim, that you never road the new Navi' River Journey ride during a long 10 day visit (Fastpass or not). Was the stand-by line really that bad? I also hate long waits, but that's brand new and looks pretty interesting!!
    I know we never saw it under 45 minutes. Many times it was 100+. This trip was the week of July 4th and crowds were sizable. We saw many, many tour groups. More than I have ever seen in 15+ years of trips.

Here's the story behind our animal kingdom visits. We planned to specifically avoid the theme parks on July 4th. Some of our group did Blizzard Beach during the day and we had dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon. I ended up booking FastPasses for Flight of Passage (and 2 others) that night...just in case anyone wanted to get a quick theme park fix.

Well, we get to Animal Kingdom and the place was dead. There were still noteworthy standby lines in Pandora but everything from the Safari to Everest to Dinosaur was 5-10 minute standby wait. (It helped that about 5000 people were queuing-up for Rivers of light!).

So basically in this one quick visit, we ended up doing FAR more than we ever imagined. We cancelled another planned day at AK, losing our River Journey FPs and never wanted to brave the standby line.

I'm the type that doesn't mind leaving something fun for "the next visit." This trip was my first ride on Frozen Ever After and we ended up doing Flight of Passage twice. We'll make sure to hit the River Journey next summer, if not sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    I know we never saw it under 45 minutes. Many times it was 100+. This trip was the week of July 4th and crowds were sizable.

I'm the type that doesn't mind leaving something fun for "the next visit."

We'll make sure to hit the River Journey next summer, if not sooner.
    That truly is a major benefit of being DVC.
    You know you'll be back in the "World" within a reasonable amount of time to do the things you missed.
    *JEFF*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we too are learning to enjoy FP+ and the fact that we can enter a park later in the day, comfortable in the knowledge that we already have a FP for TSMM, for example. No longer do we need to be at park opening, and running (or hobbling) as fast as possible to the FP machines. Over the years we've become "morning balcony coffee sitters" rather than theme park commandos. However, this notion of getting more than 3 FP+s a day, and in different parks, is new to me. I'll be looking forward to trying it next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    we too are learning to enjoy FP+ and the fact that we can enter a park later in the day, comfortable in the knowledge that we already have a FP

Over the years we've become "morning balcony coffee sitters" rather than theme park commandos.
    Exactly, I also used to be a "rope dropper".
    But FP+ has made it very painless to sit on my balcony, or in the resort jacuzzi, and watch the early crowd heading out.
    *JEFF*

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason we rarely have used the 4th or more FP+. I am not sure why. Perhaps it is because we sometimes will do morning EMH and ride 3 or 4 attractions before 9:00 am. Then our FP+ will start and we finish and leave by 11:00 or have an early lunch and leave. We are half day park people anymore.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I love the new FP+ feature. As soon as I scan my MB for my third FP, I can immediately select my 4th FP and repeat this as many times as I wish. For my last trip, it wasn't unusual to take in 6-8 FPs.
    My concern is this free FP benefit will soon cost us money like the MaxPass at DL. That FP system at DL allows you to select FPs ahead of time, like we can at WDW, but at DL, they are charging $10 per person per day. For a family of 5, that would be an additional $50 per day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drcoulsey View Post
    . . .
    My concern is this free FP benefit will soon cost us money like the MaxPass at DL. That FP system at DL allows you to select FPs ahead of time, like we can at WDW, but at DL, they are charging $10 per person per day. For a family of 5, that would be an additional $50 per day.
    I have been worrying about that too. The MaxPass is what DLRA is calling it.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge