Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disney Vacation Club Announces Next Planned Development: Disney Riviera Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Vacation Club Announces Next Planned Development: Disney Riviera Resort

Disney announces 300 additional Disney Vacation Club units with a planned opening in fall 2019.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, can't wait to hear what they share about this at the Shareholders meeting in December

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe they already announced it. With 300 units it is definitely not a small resort as Copper Creek only has 184 units. Based on the rendering it looks like and eight story building with the 9 floor being the roof top restaurant.

Plus they announced the gondola system too--the Disney Skyliner. Wow.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't surprise me that the new Disney Riviera Resort has a completely new name. And it probably will have a theme and architectural design that is completely different from that of Caribbean Beach. The Riviera Resort may be next to the Caribbean Beach Resort, but I think Disney will go to great lengths to make sure that the Riviera is branded and marketed as a different property from the former CBR.

I know some people were thinking or hoping that the new resort will "have" to be a moderate because it was tied to the Caribbean Beach Resort. Some people were speculating that the new resort might be the first 'moderate' DVC property with cheaper buy-in prices and lower point stays.

But that is not going to happen. The Riviera Resort will be a deluxe DVC resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty incredible day of announcements for Disney World fans.
    New attractions, hotels, restaurants, and transportation systems.
    The EXPO certainly delivered!
    *JEFF*

RECENT/FUTURE DISNEY VACATIONS

AULANI - June 1-5, 2017 *celebrating 50th*
    (+4 nights on Big Island)
    WDW - Sept 14-24, 2017 (Wilderness Lodge (Boulder) & Saratoga Springs)
    DLR - Superbowl Weekend, 2018 (Grand Calfornian)

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely looks and sounds like it will be "separate" from CBR and it's own deluxe resort. Now we just have to wait for more details! I agree it's surprising that they announced this just after Copper Creek opened and while sales of Poly and CC are still going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandmom View Post
    It definitely looks and sounds like it will be "separate" from CBR and it's own deluxe resort. Now we just have to wait for more details! I agree it's surprising that they announced this just after Copper Creek opened and while sales of Poly and CC are still going on.
    Copper Creek hasn't opened yet. Tomorrow, July 17th is the opening date. I expect that they are rushing to build Disney Riveria Resort (DRR) so that it will be open in time for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. That way there will be more rooms available for guests that want to stay nearer to DHS. The same holds true for the new 15 story building at Coronado Springs. And I won't be surprised that the new Star Wars hotel's construction will start soon so it can open then as well. I think Disney is expecting that DHS will become just as popular as the MK area once Galaxy Edge opens.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming now that Riviera was announced, that the 15 story tower @ CSR is definitely not a DVC? I'm sure I'll love Riviera, but really wanted a Coronado DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Copper Creek hasn't opened yet. Tomorrow, July 17th is the opening date. I expect that they are rushing to build Disney Riveria Resort (DRR) so that it will be open in time for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. That way there will be more rooms available for guests that want to stay nearer to DHS. The same holds true for the new 15 story building at Coronado Springs. And I won't be surprised that the new Star Wars hotel's construction will start soon so it can open then as well. I think Disney is expecting that DHS will become just as popular as the MK area once Galaxy Edge opens.
    Oops, yes, I meant they announced it before CC opened rather than waiting until after it had opened. I think Disney knew very well how much work DHS needed, and Star Wars was a great fit to grow that park. Now they need to prepare for the increase (hopefully) in popularity for DHS. There's going to be a LOT of activity in that area!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I'm assuming now that Riviera was announced, that the 15 story tower @ CSR is definitely not a DVC? I'm sure I'll love Riviera, but really wanted a Coronado DVC.
    I don't think there was more than wishful thinking about DVC at Coronado Springs. I too would have liked to see a DVC resort there. Only the Riviera and Copper Creek are going to be the newest DVC resorts.
    --Denise