Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tables in wonderland

Post Thanks / Like

Are you comparing the prices using the 45th Anniversary AP dining discounts? http://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/me...DigitalMay.pdf These discounts are good until October 1, 2017 and I think that your trip is in September. But the AP discounts like the DVC discounts do not cover adult beverages.

We use a TIW card because it lasts for 13 months which covers two or three 10 day trips and the discount covers both food and adult beverages. But the TIW savings don't add up for a couple that is only going to take a 4 or 5 day trip once a year to WDW. Well I guess it could it they ate a lot of Table Service meals daily.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I know the AP discount doesn't cover alcohol, that was sort of my point. In the example I used before neither Be Our Guest or Big River Grille accept the AP discount at all, but TiW is accepted at both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I know the AP discount doesn't cover alcohol, that was sort of my point. In the example I used before neither Be Our Guest or Big River Grille accept the AP discount at all, but TiW is accepted at both.

Using the DVC member Discount: Big River Grille & Brewing Works: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Using the DVC member Discount: Big River Grille & Brewing Works: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
    Ok. But I'd still save more by getting TiW if a lot of the places I plan on eating are 10% off and no alcohol without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, you need to spend $750 in covered dining/drinks before you recover the cost of the Tables in Wonderland card. After that point, every discount is pure savings.
    --Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    FYI, you need to spend $750 in covered dining/drinks before you recover the cost of the Tables in Wonderland card. After that point, every discount is pure savings.

I know, thats the only reason I haven't gone ahead and ordered it yet. I just cancelled a few ADR's so I still need to think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TiW expiration change

To further confuse things, there has been another change. It used to be your TiW card was good for one year from the end of the month following the purchase month. For example, if you purchased TiW on October 15th 2017 it would be good until November 30 2018.

Now it expires in one year. So if you buy on November 15 2017 it expires November 15 2018. No more end of month expirations.

That's a real bummer since 13-14 months was a really nice perk. I can't get angry over it since they've always advertised only a 1 year expiration, but if 13-14 months is part of your calculation it's time to recalculate.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a TIW card in early 2016. It expired exactly one year from purchase. We got it at the MK because we were dining there and it was our first chance to get one on that trip. We didn't have another trip in what would have been 13 or 13.5 months so it was a moot point for us. Now since our son no longer works at WDW and we don't take him and a friend or two out for a nice dinner, we wouldn't spend enough. The alcohol alone was the thing to get us over the $750 we needed to break even.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
    We got a TIW card in early 2016. It expired exactly one year from purchase.
    Interesting. I got one Sept 1st 2016 and it expired Oct 31 2017. I renewed on Nov 1 2017 and the renewal expires Nov 1 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We got our last TIW in October 2016 and it expires November 30, 2017. It will be interesting to see if they really stick to the 12 month limit. Sometimes the CMs have just made an error on the expiration and they will correct if you question it.
    --Denise