Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tables in wonderland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVCLife View Post
    . . .

More important (IMO): You can use one TiW card for up to 10 people in a party, as long as the cardholder is the one paying. If you're in a big party, that 20% savings can add up fast (especially if you're drinking). I have heard AP or DVC discounts at restaurants are often limited to smaller groups, but I don't know that for sure. It's something worth looking into if you have a larger group. . . .
    Good point. That happened to us at Teppan Edo at Japan in Epcot. They don't accept TIW but for lunch only they accept the DVC 10% discount but limited it 4 people, we were a party of six. They were real surprised when my DSIL brought out her DVC member card too. And then they had to spilt the bill so neither party was more than 4 guests.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default sorry for the delay :O

Been a long time since I responded but wanted to add with TIW, remember that valet parking is included- and that includes valet at Disney Springs. We usually dine at least once at GF or Contemporary, as well as DS; the $150 annual is offset rather quickly in a couple of trips. TIW is also accepted in some of the value and moderate resorts at their "food courts." Just be sure to ask. Travelling a few times a year now and it more than makes up for the fee. Hope TIW remains the same!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmef View Post
    Been a long time since I responded but wanted to add with TIW, remember that valet parking is included- and that includes valet at Disney Springs. We usually dine at least once at GF or Contemporary, as well as DS; the $150 annual is offset rather quickly in a couple of trips. TIW is also accepted in some of the value and moderate resorts at their "food courts." Just be sure to ask. Travelling a few times a year now and it more than makes up for the fee. Hope TIW remains the same!
    Keep in mind that the valet parking is for a limited number of hours and is not good on TIW block out dates.

Valet and Parking:
    • Resort and Disney Springs™ valet services are complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort or Disney Springs™ restaurants. This privilege will only be extended to one vehicle per membership card. Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Resort or Disney Springs™ restaurant at the Valet Stand upon retrieving your vehicle. Complimentary Resort valet parking is not intended for length of stay at a Resort and may only be used if the vehicle is parked at a Resort for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort restaurants of that same resort. On Tables in Wonderland block-out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.

• Theme Park parking is complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Theme Park restaurants. Before 5:00pm, please pay for parking at the Auto Plaza. Visit Guest Relations on your way out of the Theme Park, and if it has been less than 3 hours, show your membership card, parking receipt, and dining receipt for parking reimbursement. After 5:00pm., members can show their membership card at the Auto Plaza to enter the parking lot. Theme Park admission is required for dining in all Theme Park restaurant locations. On Tables in Wonderland block-out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We decided not to get the TiW card. Since we bought AP's and most of the restaurants have the 20% off anyway, we elected to just use that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    We decided not to get the TiW card. Since we bought AP's and most of the restaurants have the 20% off anyway, we elected to just use that.
    We tried this a couple of times and the discount appeared to be on only the food portion of the bill.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    We tried this a couple of times and the discount appeared to be on only the food portion of the bill.
    Right, the AP discount is only of food not alcohol. But I dont think we want to get the TiW just for the alcohol, even though we do drink. You'd have to drink a lot with the meals.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, the AP discount is only of food not alcohol. But I dont think we want to get the TiW just for the alcohol, even though we do drink. You'd have to drink a lot with the meals.
    Our alcohol is usually the same $ as the food plus it works at La Cava and R&C where we only drink.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    Our alcohol is usually the same $ as the food plus it works at La Cava and R&C where we only drink.
    Now you've got me thinking I need it

Post Thanks / Like

Now you've got me thinking I need it
    If we ate more I'd go with the DDP just for the convenience but the true is we tend to ramble around - drink here and there. I wished places served bread with drinks (after all, they're the same cost as a cup of soup). When we visited our collective farm relatives they drank bottles of vodka and maybe it was low octane but they swore for every other shot - er, toast - you should eat a chunk of buttered bread.

Janet & Dan

10. Likes athenna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if i am wrong, I did a side by side comparison between the AP 20% off and the TiW card, for restaurants we plan on eating at, I did this on allears.net

For example, we arrive approx 11:30 am on arrival day to BWV. We do not plan on going to a park on day 1. We were planning on lunch @ Big River Grille. They do not accept AP discount at all? i thought they didSo say lunch is $60 (just an example) we have no discount. But if we have the TiW lunch wed be $48

Be Our Guest for dinner has a 10& off food ( no alcohol) but accepts TiW (food & alcohol) that could be a savings of $30 if we get aa bottle of wine.

I think we need Tiw