Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2016 Theme Park attendance report issued

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016 Theme Park attendance report issued

The Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) and AECOM have released their theme park attendance report for the 2016 calendar year. While The Walt Disney Company retained its title as the most visited amusement operator both domestically and worldwide, its attendance declined at every destination.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice post

This is my first experience with this forum and found it helpful for me because here is alot of thanks for the post.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the article, I think I would be more inclined to say the numbers are steady. In Paris and Tokyo, I might say the decline is significant. I also think the WDW figures will improve modestly this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what the decline in attendance in recent years would looks like superimposed over the price percentage increases.

They certainly have reached the point where its tipping the balance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVCReservations View Post
    Wonder what the decline in attendance in recent years would looks like superimposed over the price percentage increases.

They certainly have reached the point where its tipping the balance.
    That would be an interesting comparison. However, I would think other factors would have to be considered, like construction at the parks, and competition from other amusement parks and even Disney Cruise Line.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge