Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVC launches Copper Creek webcast

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC launches Copper Creek webcast

Disney Vacation Club has debuted a new promotional webcast for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Viewers will not only learn more about Disney's fourteenth timeshare property, but can also enter to win a prize valued at nearly $9,000.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We watched the webcast and then entered the contest.

At the end of the webcast, it had a link to "Offers." I was curious what sales incentives Disney was offering for Copper Creek so I clicked on the link. I knew that Copper Creek had incentives that started with the purchase of 150 points, but I wanted to see if new incentives were being introduced with this webcast. To my surprise, it only displayed sales incentives for the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and Aulani; there was no mention of Copper Creek.

I don't have a degree in marketing but I would have thought that after having your customers sit through a presentation on Copper Creek you would want to show them the sales incentives for Copper Creek.

I appreciate that compared to other timeshare operations Disney is extremely laid back in its marketing techniques. Still, I think it misses many opportunities to sell its product.

Post Thanks / Like

We watched this webcast last night. I was sort of surprised that even though we logged in as members we still got the information that potential members would need to know about DVC. So it appears the membership information was either for the contest or it was for guides making calls.

It did have some nice video of Copper Creek and a well done artist rendering video of Boulder Cove Pool.

However, the link to offers and incentives didn't include Copper Creek. I realize it has it's own website but shouldn't that link be on the DVC website?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Anything interesting in it?

We tried to watch it but we said "you know what, forget it" when it wanted all our info before it would show it to us. I'm fine logging into DVC for it, but there's a limit to the amount of info I want to punch into a site before watching something that everybody paying attention has known for months (usually the case for most of Disney's announcements).

Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for the reviews - I think I'll forgo the contest - nice not to have to carve that into my day.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUp View Post
    Anything interesting in it?
    Yes...but not a ton. Of the 30 minutes, maybe 15 was truly dedicated to Wilderness Lodge / Copper Creek. The rest was the basic new-buyer overview of the DVC points system, other DVC resorts, non-DVC "Collections", etc.

A good portion of the video featured an Imagineer talking about design concepts and many of the small touches added to the rooms. I found that interesting--particularly in light of the frequent claim that Disney just picked up a bunch of furniture from IKEA.

(BTW, I accessed it via non-member option and just entered fake contact info. )

7. Thanks PhilUp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    We watched the webcast and then entered the contest.

At the end of the webcast, it had a link to "Offers." I was curious what sales incentives Disney was offering for Copper Creek so I clicked on the link. I knew that Copper Creek had incentives that started with the purchase of 150 points, but I wanted to see if new incentives were being introduced with this webcast. To my surprise, it only displayed sales incentives for the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and Aulani; there was no mention of Copper Creek.

I don't have a degree in marketing but I would have thought that after having your customers sit through a presentation on Copper Creek you would want to show them the sales incentives for Copper Creek.

I appreciate that compared to other timeshare operations Disney is extremely laid back in its marketing techniques. Still, I think it misses many opportunities to sell its product.
    Did I miss when the PVB incentives changes?

According to the offer at the end, you get the SSR 100 point bonus after purchasing 125 points at PVB and at 150 points, you start receiving a $750 credit. Wasn't it an either/or with the SSR100 points at 150 pt purchase or $1000 off at 150points?
    Or are the different offers based on add-on points versus initial member joining?

-------

Enjoy a free weeklong stay when you add on to Membership!*

Now through May 31, 2017, when you add on at least 125 Vacation Points at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, you'll receive 100 one-time-use Vacation Points which you may use for a weeklong stay at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
    PLUS, if you purchase at least 150 Vacation Points, you'll also receive a purchase credit. Explore details in the chart below:
    When You Add On... You'll Also Receive a Purchase Credit of...
    150 to 174 Vacation Points $750
    175 to 199 Vacation Points $2,000
    200 to 249 Vacation Points $2,500
    250 to 299 Vacation Points $3,500
    For additional options, please call your Vacation Guide.†.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micelike View Post
    Did I miss when the PVB incentives changes?

According to the offer at the end, you get the SSR 100 point bonus after purchasing 125 points at PVB and at 150 points, you start receiving a $750 credit. Wasn't it an either/or with the SSR100 points at 150 pt purchase or $1000 off at 150points?
    Or are the different offers based on add-on points versus initial member joining?

Honestly, I don't keep up with the latest promotions and sales incentives, so I can't give a definitive answer to your question. I use the DVC Explorer site (http://www.dvcexplorer.com/qm/index.aspx) to keep up with the latest offers.

You have to enter a userid and password to access the information on the dvcexplorer site. I'll tell you the userid and password if you promise not to tell anyone! Its 'Welcome' and 'home.'