Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets now available

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017 MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets now available

Tickets are now available for the 2017 edition of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party with discounts for Disney Vacation Club members.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

We attended the December 14, 2004 Christmas Party. Paid $36.95 per adult and $26.95 per child. 13 years later, comparable dates are now $95/90 with no discounts offered. Ouch.

These parties were always a one-and-done for us. We did the MVMCP in '04, MNSSHP in '09 and also the former Pirate and Princess Party somewhere in there. They're crossed off my bucket list but I don't feel any need to return.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just silly that WDW is having Halloween Parties before October and Christmas Parties before Thanksgiving or greed on Disney's part? Are they that desperate because ESPN is losing money? Sure some guests will go to the parties but there are probably triple or quadruple that number of guests that won't and MK is still WDW's biggest draw.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, I feel the same way. I remembered the first time I attended either party it was $35-40. That was worth it, but at least (if not more) double?? No way. Its a shame, because I really enjoyed them, but not at these crazy prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Is it just silly that WDW is having Halloween Parties before October and Christmas Parties before Thanksgiving or greed on Disney's part? Are they that desperate because ESPN is losing money? Sure some guests will go to the parties but there are probably triple or quadruple that number of guests that won't and MK is still WDW's biggest draw.
    I don't know how much trickle down impact ESPN has on the rest of the company. There's always pressure on every business unit to improve over the last quarter/year, so the parks are never going to stop looking for ways to upsell to guests.

The optimist in me thinks that Disney will just eliminate these longer party seasons if they aren't a success. I know both of the fall parties have always been warmly received even as prices rise. It's not for me, but if others want to pay those prices, I can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Tim, I feel the same way. I remembered the first time I attended either party it was $35-40. That was worth it, but at least (if not more) double?? No way. Its a shame, because I really enjoyed them, but not at these crazy prices.
    Yeah. And it just occurred to me that we even got a free photo print for our group with the cost. And I remember hearing that the refreshments have been pared back over the years.

But again, if crowds keep turning out, Disney has no reason to change course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post

Yeah. And it just occurred to me that we even got a free photo print for our group with the cost. And I remember hearing that the refreshments have been pared back over the years.

But again, if crowds keep turning out, Disney has no reason to change course.

You're right! I forgot about that , we did get a free photo.