Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walt Disney World gondola system confirmed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why Don't They Spread the Transportation Options Around?

This is great and, as Denise already mentioned, will be an attraction in itself. I know it will be loved by those staying at the impacted resorts. But why can the planners not spread the wealth a little.

Epcot has driving, walking (from the BWV, BCV, BC, YC, and Swolfin), bus, boat, monorail, and the coming gondola transportation options. Hollywood Studios has driving, walking paths, Bus, boat, and the coming gondola system. Animal Kingdom has driving or bus - that's it. If you want to go to Animal Kingdom you drive or ride the bus. Many of these transportation systems offered are fun and entertaining and loved by the guests that use them. It would be nice if the planners and decision makers at Disney began to stop treating Animal Kingdom and it's lodge/villas like it was in Georgia or Shanghai and offered a few more access/transportation options to these locations. You cannot even walk from the AKV and AKL to the AK. I love AK and the lodge and Villas and am getting tired of them being treated like second class citizens. (Yes, in the spirit of full disclosure AKV is my DVC home resort)

2. Likes BethBruin, PhilUp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised that if this gondola system is successful it will expand to other areas. I think Disney would love to have all of WDW connected by a series of gondola systems. And it appears Disney is using a system where gondolas can be removed from the tract, they could set it up that guests going to a certain area all get in the blue gondolas and all going to another area get in to the red gondolas etc. Then CMs will know to redirect that gondola to a different track when it arrives at a switching station.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

4. Thanks Bigreagan thanked for this post
    Likes Bigreagan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethBruin View Post
    We ski in Telluride, CO, where they have a gondola used mainly as a people mover between mountain towns. It works VERY well. Even at 10,000 feet and in snowy weather, it was built quickly. I think in less than one year. It is very quiet and travels above numerous hotels and private homes. The only real noise is at the station. We enjoy flying to town and not even renting a car beacause we can travel on a gondola. Plus it is fun talking to other guests as we travel along. I just hope Disney installs air conditioning. Disneyland doesn't have it in the monorail and they shut it down when it is too hot!
    I
    was wondering about A/C also?! Even a short ride in July sounds pretty steamy without air conditioning. Maybe they will have something solar or battery operated.
    FINGERS CROSSED!

Post Thanks / Like

The gondola system in London uses air conditioning. http://gondolaproject.com/2012/09/12...powers-cabins/
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge