Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVC reverses course on Copper Creek tub / shower guarantee

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC reverses course on Copper Creek tub / shower guarantee

Disney Vacation Club has reportedly altered its stance on a controversial room configuration matter at the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Likes rfc0001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad they changed this.
    Michael

4. Likes rfc0001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too, Michael. Although the number of tub studios will be limited families can decide if the want to stay at CCV if a regular deluxe studio is not available.

BTW, if the reservation description shows "Deluxe studio with walk-in shower" then you will not have a tub. We had a CCV reservation with the description of Deluxe Studio with no other comments and turns out we had been assigned a tub/shower. When we found out it was now a booking category, we were able to change it to "with walk-in shower".
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I know Alternate Studio Configurations have Walk-in Showers, but are there also non-Alternate Studios that have them? It would be a huge selling point if you could book Alternate Studios at 11 months since they are essentially a 1 bedroom without a kitchen for half the points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    BTW, if the reservation description shows "Deluxe studio with walk-in shower" then you will not have a tub. We had a CCV reservation with the description of Deluxe Studio with no other comments and turns out we had been assigned a tub/shower. When we found out it was now a booking category, we were able to change it to "with walk-in shower".
    Which is similar to the 2-bedroom booking categories where only lock-off is specifically noted in the room description.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can rely on the condo drawings that there is definitely a shower in the alternate studio because regular studios were all depicted as having sliding doors on the tubs. And now we know that the glass door in the shower doesn't slide, it swings open.

We have not heard if an alternate studio is a booking category. We were told it is not.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

DVD was selling fixed week deeds specifically designating "STUDIO SHOWER" over a month ago. That's a pretty good indication this is the way it was supposed to be.

10. Likes TimK, denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imdizfan View Post
    DVD was selling fixed week deeds specifically designating "STUDIO SHOWER" over a month ago. That's a pretty good indication this is the way it was supposed to be.
    Also, shortly after sales commenced for Copper Creek on March 8 someone reported that they switched their future Disney cash reservation from Wilderness Lodge to one of the DVC Copper Creek studios. At the time they made the switch, Disney CRO let them choose a shower or a tub.

But on March 28, we took a tour of the Copper Creek model at the DVC Preview Center at SSR and were told that the bathroom configuration would only be a request, not a booking guarantee.

I don't fault the Guides for handing out erroneous information; they can only share what information they receive from DVC management.

Fortunately, this issue has been clarified and guests at Copper Creek will be prepared for the type of villa they receive at check-in.

Unfortunately for DVC, it would not surprise me if we continue to see internet posts for many months to come that say "I don't want to stay at Copper Creek because DVC won't guarantee me a shower or a tub." Once misinformation is out on the internet it can take a long time for it to go away.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding. I'm not sure why they originally tried the idea of "well, you can request, but it won't be guaranteed." I get that it would be less work for them, but those who make that request really will have reasons for having that desire. Those who prefer a shower over a tub might be fine if they get a tub room, but those who want a tub will likely be severely inconvenienced if they end up with a shower.

It's not that much more work to let people choose. It may mean availability of one or the other gets a little tight at times, but so be it.

13. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tub or shower

We booked on day one availability for new CC add on folks. We were asked tub or shower. We chose shower, because we have no little ones, and prefer the shower. I asked about the alternate studio with the L configuration and was told that they weren't able to see that designation as a choice. We are there first week of August. Looking forward to it!