Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Tub vs Shower

Post Thanks / Like

Unless it is a jetted tub, I much prefer the walk in showers (with benches)...

Post Thanks / Like

The tubs look nice but we end up using them to
    hold our dirty towels!
    Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Although I prefer shower, what matters to me was that I was told by a front desk CM "Well, you're DVC now-a tub is a request, not a guarantee." There are people with little children who need a tub to bathe them, and should be guaranteed a tub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simbasmom View Post
    Although I prefer shower, what matters to me was that I was told by a front desk CM "Well, you're DVC now-a tub is a request, not a guarantee." There are people with little children who need a tub to bathe them, and should be guaranteed a tub.
    Well, it is true that you could end up with an handicapped accessible with a shower only villa at any DVC resort. And if no other rooms are available then a member is stuck. The same could happen at a Disney cash hotel. The family could request to move the next day, but a charge could be involved for the unplanned cleaning of the room they are vacating early. At a Disney cash hotel the resort would eat the expense of cleaning the room that is vacated, but a timeshare doesn't have that luxury, we members pay for those cleanings.

P.S. That was a very rude CM, I would have requested to talk to the manager, even if nothing else was available, just to ask if it was resort policy for CMs to say things like that. I realize the CM had probably already taken lots of guff from other DVC members that were unhappy with their rooms, but to say something like that to a super nice person like you Dorothy, just makes me mad. There is no way you were being unreasonable to the CM. IMO, she should have made the offer of moving you when a room opened the next day.
    Last edited by denlo; 04-18-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walk in Shower

I think it should be a request to have a tub for kids. Most people would rather have a walk in shower.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll take the walk in shower 10 times out of 10. Easier in/out, more room (so I'm not banging elbows on the wall), better all around shower experience. No kids, so we don't need the tub. If we want to soak, we'll head down to the pool and use the hot tub. I can see why families might greatly prefer the tub, and that's fine. But it's not our preference. Now that CCV will allow picking, we'll opt for the shower every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of people shower with their kids - saves time.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Well, it is true that you could end up with an handicapped accessible with a shower only villa at any DVC resort. And if no other rooms are available then a member is stuck. The same could happen at a Disney cash hotel. The family could request to move the next day, but a charge could be involved for the unplanned cleaning of the room they are vacating early. At a Disney cash hotel the resort would eat the expense of cleaning the room that is vacated, but a timeshare doesn't have that luxury, we members pay for those cleanings.

P.S. That was a very rude CM, I would have requested to talk to the manager, even if nothing else was available, just to ask if it was resort policy for CMs to say things like that. I realize the CM had probably already taken lots of guff from other DVC members that were unhappy with their rooms, but to say something like that to a super nice person like you Dorothy, just makes me mad. There is no way you were being unreasonable to the CM. IMO, she should have made the offer of moving you when a room opened the next day.
    Thanks so much Denise. Actually, when we got home, we contacted the DVC Member Satisfaction and they called and apologized profusely. They also sent us a couple little "goodies". What's always concerned me, however, was that when they called me, they said "I bet I know who you talked to" and went on to describe the person. I could almost feel the DVC person rolling her eyes, like "Oh-that CM AGAIN!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Denise. Actually, when we got home, we contacted the DVC Member Satisfaction and they called and apologized profusely. They also sent us a couple little "goodies". What's always concerned me, however, was that when they called me, they said "I bet I know who you talked to" and went on to describe the person. I could almost feel the DVC person rolling her eyes, like "Oh-that CM AGAIN!!"
    And she still works there? If they know she cannot do the work properly why don't the move her to a job that means no people contact?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a walk-in shower for us! I never soak in a tub although we did do the jacuzzi tub in the 1-br a couple of times. If I had a choice I would choose the shower stall.
    ~Diana