Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Tub vs Shower

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Tub vs Shower

Converting existing hotel rooms to Disney Vacation Club villas presents design challenges which cannot be overcome. Case in point: many of the Deluxe Studio rooms at Copper Creek Villas will only have a shower stall; no bath tub / shower combo. And it appears that DVC has no plans to allow incoming guests to guarantee the shower vs. tub prior to arrival.

Some guests may have a strong preference for one setup or the other due to physical limitations or other factors. However, it is not known how many guests fall into this category.

Topic: Does the bathroom setup matter to you? Given a choice, which would you prefer: tub or shower?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a walk-in shower. In studios that only have the tub/shower, I would like to see them put in handheld shower heads.
    Last edited by JaxFLBear; 04-17-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I too prefer a walk-in shower, but it doesn't matter which one we get as I can take a shower in either one.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We own a 1 bathroom house and about 4 years ago we replaced the tub unit with a walk in shower. People keep telling me it will reduce the value of the house. Frankly, not my problem .

So I guess you can see our preference.

Janet & Dan

5. Likes denlo, Brad1972, Diana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Soaking Tub!

To clean up in the morning, we prefer the stand up shower. But there is nothing like a long evening soak in a big tub after a long day at the parks. That's why we always book the one bedroom.
    Once again I arrived at the same old conclusion: Gonna need more points!

7. Likes Brad1972 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walk in Shower

When we stayed at Jumba House they had a tub. I had to have help getting in and out of the tub. The edge was so thick and I have very small legs and it was so hard. My daughter has long legs (she's an adult), and she had horrible bruises on the inside of both her legs. The walk in shower is so much easier. I know people like tubs for kids but for me, the walk in shower is just so much easier!

9. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shower vs Tub No Contest !

Personally, having mobility issues I'd prefer a nice walk-in shower as oppose to a tub. Unfortunately, because of my mobility issues I must request a accessible room which i would prefer not to but in the past those rooms would be the only one's with a walk-in. I would rather see it go to someone that would benefit of it more. It's been our experience that tub combo's come in all different styles most very dangerous whether to narrow, walls to high, floors at different levels. I have never taken a bath in any hotel room and neither did our kids it just sqeeves me out. So once again personally congratulate all that are making the effort to change to at least some shower rooms only.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shower vs tub

I prefer a walk-in shower over a tub but I would take either one if it meant getting a room or not.

Post Thanks / Like

My preference would be for the walk-in shower a-la PVB. That shower Is so roomy, and the overhead rain head is enjoyable. While I admit, there have been a couple trips when I enjoyed soaking my feet after a long day of walking, it is so seldom that I would make that a preference item.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tub vs Shower?

AKV is our home resort and we love the one-bedroom unit which has both tub and shower. In all of our Disney visits (never counted, but in excess of 25) we've never used the tub. Every year we say we're going to try it out, but trip after trip it stays dry... So... for us, no tub is not an issue. We never use it anyway. But if it went the other way - no shower and only a tub - we'd be unhappy.

To answer the question; we prefer showers and lack of a tub is not an issue to my family.