Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Copper Creek sales finalized in March 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Copper Creek sales finalized in March 2017

Sales for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Disney Vacation Club’s newest resort, began on March 8, 2017. Normally, Disney files new deeds with the Orange County Comptroller about two weeks after they are purchased However, Disney has not yet recorded any deeds for Copper Creek, apparently deciding to wait until some time in the next few weeks.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Thanks CarolMN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its difficult to tell whether Copper Creek is having any effect on sales for the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. Sales data for the first 10 days of April is available and PVB has sold over 45,000 points. Prospective members couldn't officially purchase until recently, so maybe PVB is the only property the Guides would offer to newbies.

I wish I knew why Disney is not recording the Copper Creek deeds with OCC. Offhand, the only thing I can think of Disney gets to keep all the purchase funds in escrow. If the deeds were filed with OCC, Disney would have to immediately pay the Deed Document Tax on each deed. But 40,000 CCV points would only generate about $50,000 in Deed Document Taxes, so I don't think Disney gains hardly anything by sitting on the deeds.

Post Thanks / Like

First Copper Creek deeds showing up in today's information. County won't proof these records for several days, but deeds are finally showing up.

I wonder if DVD did a better job of getting the approval to sell in all 50 states than they did with PVB. For PVB, California was delayed 2 or 3 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Default average March and April.

I purchased Cooper Creek on day 1. They charged my credit card for the full amount so by waiting until April for filing they will over report sales which should therfore be averaged for the 2 months. I would think Cooper Creek will sell well because I wanted to buy at the Poly but couldn't because we like 1 bedroom villas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seascapemvy View Post
    I purchased Cooper Creek on day 1. They charged my credit card for the full amount so by waiting until April for filing they will over report sales which should therfore be averaged for the 2 months. I would think Cooper Creek will sell well because I wanted to buy at the Poly but couldn't because we like 1 bedroom villas.
    Contract sizes should be higher for CCV than PVB because they offer the larger room sizes. Anyone wanting to stay in a 1BR, 2BR, or GV for a week each year buys a lot more points than someone staying in a studio for a week.

It will remain a mystery why they didn't at least put in some 1BRs at PVB. Connecting studios could have easily been used for 1BRs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by imdizfan View Post
    First Copper Creek deeds showing up in today's information. County won't proof these records for several days, but deeds are finally showing up.
    Mere coincidence that Disney didn't file the first Copper Creek deeds until AFTER we posted the monthly sales report for March???

I looked at the unproofed deeds and, as expected, Disney has assigned a Residential Unit to each of the eight Use Years in order to support sales.

For buyers of Copper Creek, the August UY is beginning with 2016. September, October, and December UYs are also starting with 2016. For buyers of the February, March, April, and June UYs, their UY will begin with 2017.

The Copper Creek Public Offering Statement shows that the condominium association will have a total of 3,321,966 points and a total of 184 vacation homes. The eight Residential Units that Disney has tapped so far contain either contain two cabins or two two-bedroom vacation homes. Based on the deeds filed today, it appears that each Copper Creek cabin is allotted about 24,280 points, and that a two-bedroom villa is allotted about 21,173 points. These numbers are preliminary and I might revise them as more information is available.

For now, I can't figure how many points are being allotted to the dedicated studios, dedicated one-bedrooms, Grand Villas, or the Alternate studios. Until Disney taps Residential Units containing those accommodation types, I won't be able to calculate the point allotments for them. By the way, Copper Creek will have at least six different Residential Unit configuration types.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imdizfan View Post
    It will remain a mystery why they didn't at least put in some 1BRs at PVB. Connecting studios could have easily been used for 1BRs.
    If you view the Copper Creek Promotional Video, I think there is a tacit admission that having only studios and bungalows at PVB was a mistake. Ken Potrock mentions that DVC heard the membership wanted the full range of accommodations, so Copper Creek will have studios, one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, Grand Villas, and cabins.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We purchased Day 1

We purchased an add on day 1, and booked a studio for first week of August. We were at the preview in the early evening and charged to a credit card. When I booked on the first day available, there was no way to book online, as it wasn't listed. I called MS and booked with them, where they offered a choice of unit with shower or tub. I mentioned that I heard there were some studios that were oddly shaped, having been told at purchasing, that there were some studios that had same square footage as 1BR, sort of like an L shaped. MS didn't know about those, so wasn't able to request. We received all of the documentation (and bag, and copper mugs) when we bought. Still waiting on the deed. BTW, we were told that we were the 2nd purchase that first day. Many other previewers took the packet of info home to think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelly View Post
    We purchased an add on day 1, and booked a studio for first week of August. We were at the preview in the early evening and charged to a credit card. When I booked on the first day available, there was no way to book online, as it wasn't listed. I called MS and booked with them, where they offered a choice of unit with shower or tub. I mentioned that I heard there were some studios that were oddly shaped, having been told at purchasing, that there were some studios that had same square footage as 1BR, sort of like an L shaped. MS didn't know about those, so wasn't able to request. We received all of the documentation (and bag, and copper mugs) when we bought. Still waiting on the deed. BTW, we were told that we were the 2nd purchase that first day. Many other previewers took the packet of info home to think about it.
    We, too, have already booked Copper Creek for March. When we called Member Services to book a studio we asked for high floor & lake view, but didn't inquire about the tub or shower. When we bought our Copper Creek points, we were told it would be a booking request but not a booking category.

We prefer showers, but we might let the room assigner decide which one we get. We are curious if the shower studios are located in specific parts of the resort, like only on the lower floors or only on the upper floors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
    Mere coincidence that Disney didn't file the first Copper Creek deeds until AFTER we posted the monthly sales report for March???

That's too funny!