Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Popular DVC Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Popular DVC Resort

You would think that whatever resort is new would be the most popular but when trying for a room I believe that the Beach Club is on top. I have been a owner since day 1 and if I want to stay here i must be on my toes. It don't matter what time of the year it seems to be a hard get. I might be wrong but that's just what I see when looking at dates.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there one night only because it was so hard to book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy2000 View Post
    You would think that whatever resort is new would be the most popular but when trying for a room I believe that the Beach Club is on top. I have been a owner since day 1 and if I want to stay here i must be on my toes. It don't matter what time of the year it seems to be a hard get. I might be wrong but that's just what I see when looking at dates.
    We booked a 10 day studio stay at the 7 month mark no problem. We always go at the end of May which isn't the highest season, but more than some seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt, Beach Club Villas is popular, but don't forget that the Villas at Grand Floridian is very hard to book, too. And the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian is tough for non-owners to book.

Based on supply and demand, Bay Lake Tower, VGF, and VGC command the highest direct sales price at $185 a point. Disney wouldn't be pricing those resorts at that price if there weren't people willing to pay for them.

Post Thanks / Like

BCV has been very popular since it opened, but until last fall, I have always heard people say they could get the dates they wanted at the 7 month mark. They might need to wait list some of the days, but they usually came through. Or sometimes they had to do a split stay between BCV and another resort--often an MK resort.

VGF is the resort at WDW that comes to mind that it has been hard to get shortly after it opened. Even VGF owners complain about it. VGC is difficult too, but I know that week days are often available when school is in session.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

It seemed like when the economy recovered the availability for 7-month reservations dried up at many of the smaller facilities. I haven't found a room yet at GF at the 7 month window. There are times when I can't find rooms anywhere - literally so we've stayed at the Dolphin now 3 times since 2012.

Basically, I hop on the site at the 11-month mark and hope I don't need any changes. Currently I have to WL around our 4 day December vacation to try and extend it to 5 or 6 days. I went for Value Studio at 10 months so I am probably lucky to get the 3 nights.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
    It seemed like when the economy recovered the availability for 7-month reservations dried up at many of the smaller facilities. I haven't found a room yet at GF at the 7 month window. There are times when I can't find rooms anywhere - literally so we've stayed at the Dolphin now 3 times since 2012.

Basically, I hop on the site at the 11-month mark and hope I don't need any changes. Currently I have to WL around our 4 day December vacation to try and extend it to 5 or 6 days. I went for Value Studio at 10 months so I am probably lucky to get the 3 nights.
    Definitely lucky in getting a value even as an owner in December. Good luck with the wait list. Did you book a standard view too for the other dates?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Definitely lucky in getting a value even as an owner in December. Good luck with the wait list. Did you book a standard view too for the other dates?
    We booked WL Studio at 10 months for Christmas. 12/22-12/26 was no issue because it's within the Gold AP pass black out dates. We had to waitlist 12/21 because that's most likely the last date (and closest to Christmas) for MVMCP. I checked the resort availability tool early morning every day for a few days and was able to snag that date and cancelled the waitlist. I'm interested to see if it's going to be easier to get reservations at the 7-month mark now that CCV inventory will be available or if the newness/curiosity of it for non-home resort owners will offset that and keep the difficulty the same at BRV (at least for the first few years anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

Is BCV always the most popular? I know that it's one of the most popular during the F&W festival. But I'm wondering if it seems so popular, and therefore is hard to get mostly because of its size. It's one of the smallest DVC resorts-actually I don't know if it's THE smallest, at WDW at least. Otherwise, I'm thinking that the Villas at Grand Floridian, as previously mentioned, may be the most popular (although the # of points needed to stay there is more than BCV).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I'm going to wait for the WL if we end up with just 3N that will be fine I already told Dan we're definitely going to the Shareholder meeting and he thinks I am nuts but I just want to experience it again. I am not even sure whether we'll have park tickets but for a short vacation it won't be a problem keeping busy

Janet & Dan