Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Confused about dining discounts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Confused about dining discounts

    in the past, we've always gotten the TiW card. Now I see its up to $150 And I'm trying to figure out if its worth it. It was when it was $75, lol.

    We certainly do plan on eating and drinking at places that do accept the card. And we're going to be there for 2 full weeks. However, we 're getting AP's and if memory serves me right, aren't most restaurants 20% during 2017?I know adult beverages aren't, like they are w/TiW. When is the 20% off expiring? Anyone have a link to the list of restaurants participating? i can find the TiW list but not the AP one.

    Opinions/?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/Mexico border
    Posts
    5,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In general, the card's worth it if you're going to spend 5 times the cost of the card during the "life" of the card ($150/20%) However, so many restaurants are offering a 20% discount for DVC members this year, that you can't go entirely by that. You have to somehow be able to figure out if you'll spend $750 at restaurants that don't give the DVC discount...or the AP discount. And since, as you said, most restaurants are giving the 20% discount for DVC or AP, and figuring out which ones are left that will only give 20% for TIW is beyond me to figure out (and I like to work with numbers, I'm a math major, but this is too much), we just skipped buying the TIW card this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We may skip it too, can't decide. I like that the AP gives the 20% ( will it still be in September?) but we do like alcoholic beverages lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    1,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    We may skip it too, can't decide. I like that the AP gives the 20% ( will it still be in September?) but we do like alcoholic beverages lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disney added a 20% discount at 45 locations for the 45th anniversary of the MK. These additional discounts are available through 9/30/2017.

    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...s/anniversary/

    If any of these locations offered an AP dining discount previously, the discount should revert back to the old level (typically 10%) starting 10/1/2017.
    Michael

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Confused about dining discounts

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Disney added a 20% discount at 45 locations for the 45th anniversary of the MK. These additional discounts are available through 9/30/2017.

    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...s/anniversary/

    If any of these locations offered an AP dining discount previously, the discount should revert back to the old level (typically 10%) starting 10/1/2017.
    Thank you!!!!
    Not as many restaurants as I thought. There's a great assortment but I know there are a few not on that list that we plan on going to. Now I'm back to thinking we should get TiW.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by athenna; 03-13-2017 at 07:11 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    1,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    Thank you!!!!
    Not as many restaurants as I thought. There's a great assortment but I know there are a few not on that list that we plan on going to. Now I'm back to thinking we should get TiW.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That list was just was was added for the MK's 45th. allears.net has a pretty comprehensive comparison of all available discounts.

    http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf
    Michael

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    That list was just was was added for the MK's 45th. allears.net has a pretty comprehensive comparison of all available discounts.

    http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf
    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    15,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since it is your honeymoon, you might consider that done of the AP nor the DVC discounts include adult beverages. The TIW is often accepted at lounges as well, including TOTWL at BLT (although TOTWL is not listed on the TIW website probably because is a DVC member lounge and not public). Another thing to consider will you be returning to WDW with 13 months of purchasing the TIW card? Getting two trips on the card really makes it easier to benefit from the cost of the card.
    --Denise

    Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:


    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    Since it is your honeymoon, you might consider that done of the AP nor the DVC discounts include adult beverages. The TIW is often accepted at lounges as well, including TOTWL at BLT (although TOTWL is not listed on the TIW website probably because is a DVC member lounge and not public). Another thing to consider will you be returning to WDW with 13 months of purchasing the TIW card? Getting two trips on the card really makes it easier to benefit from the cost of the card.
    Thanks Denise, it does look like it will make more sense to get TiW. TOTWL doesn't really factor in, unless our friends are dying to go up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •