Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservation dates for Copper Creek Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservation dates for Copper Creek Villas

Planning a stay at the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge? Here are some dates to mark down in your calendar if you hope to book summer 2017.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many units will be available at first.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand why new members buying at Copper Creek have to wait 2 weeks after April 5, the first date they can purchase, and almost month after current DVC members, to book a room. For that matter I don't really see that it is a great advantage for members to be able to buy before new owners. Current members do not get an additional discount for buying CCV. New buyers will get the same discounts based on the number of points purchased. We are all members.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    I wonder how many units will be available at first.
    Disney has declared 48 of the 184 vacation homes at Copper Creek for the DVC inventory. A DVCNews article on Counting villas at Copper Creek said
    DVC is taking over the entire southern half of Wilderness Lodge. As part of Copper Creek’s Master Declaration, Disney declared 48 vacation homes, or about one-fourth of the resort’s 184 total vacation homes. Included in these 48 vacation homes were the following types:
    3 Dedicated Studios
    4 Dedicated One Bedroom Villas
    2 Alternate Lockoff Two Bedroom Villas (including Alternate Studios)
    8 Lockoff Two Bedroom Villas
    17 Dedicated Two Bedroom Villas
    2 Grand Villas
    12 Cabins
    __

48 vacation homes

Although this is the inventory that has been declared, its possible that DVC members may be able to book a different mix of villas on any given Use Day. For example, on any given Use Day DVC members might book 18 dedicated two-bedroom villas and, in exchange, Disney takes over a dedicated studio and a dedicated one-bedroom.

As Disney sells more points at Copper Creek, it will declare more inventory for the DVC membership. However, there is no telling when additional declarations might occur. They might occur in a month, or 6 months, or longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denlo View Post
    I really don't understand why new members buying at Copper Creek have to wait 2 weeks after April 5, the first date they can purchase, and almost month after current DVC members, to book a room. For that matter I don't really see that it is a great advantage for members to be able to buy before new owners. Current members do not get an additional discount for buying CCV. New buyers will get the same discounts based on the number of points purchased. We are all members.
    IIRC, PVB and/or VGF also had a similar staggered opening for initial bookings.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rooms/People

So per the member web page:

• Deluxe Studio
      A bright and welcoming space that can accommodate up to 4 Guests.
    • One-Bedroom Villa
      An inviting environment with separate living and sleeping areas that can accommodate up to 4 Guests.
    • 2-Bedroom Villa
      Spacious layout is brimming with playful touches and accommodate up to 8 Guests.
    • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
      Ideal for extended-family getaways and can accommodate up to 12 Guests

So much for the trend of 5 per studio but why not 5 per 1BR? Will be allowed like BCV and BWV? The language seems to say "no". Why no sleeper chair like BLT? The lack of consistency escapes me!

Having a Magical Day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xvoltn View Post
    So per the member web page:

• Deluxe Studio
      A bright and welcoming space that can accommodate up to 4 Guests.
    • One-Bedroom Villa
      An inviting environment with separate living and sleeping areas that can accommodate up to 4 Guests.
    • 2-Bedroom Villa
      Spacious layout is brimming with playful touches and accommodate up to 8 Guests.
    • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
      Ideal for extended-family getaways and can accommodate up to 12 Guests

So much for the trend of 5 per studio but why not 5 per 1BR? Will be allowed like BCV and BWV? The language seems to say "no". Why no sleeper chair like BLT? The lack of consistency escapes me!
    I think these villas are narrower (they aren't as big as the converted Polynesian or standard/savanna hotel rooms). So no real room for the murphy bed or sleeper chair. And there may be fewer exits on each corridor, limiting the occupancy on each floor based on fire regulations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
    I think these villas are narrower (they aren't as big as the converted Polynesian or standard/savanna hotel rooms). So no real room for the murphy bed or sleeper chair. And there may be fewer exits on each corridor, limiting the occupancy on each floor based on fire regulations.
    Or they just want you to buy more points Would imagine some reason exists but after the whole recent push for 5 in a studio, it seems to be a bit strange. The one that really throws me is 4 in an 1BR as not sure how you cannot fit a sleeper chair in a 1BR. Regardless, 5 will be sleeping in there if we stay. It will probably be the same as BCV where you can have 5 but they will only provide "sleeping" for 4. That means bringing you own mattress or the youngest sleeping on the cushions (harder with the new sleeper beds due to the shape of the cushions).

Having a Magical Day

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the room layouts included in the condo declaration, it appears as if they put the connecting door for the lock-offs in the living area. This would limit what furniture they could use and it's placement within the villa.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Based on the room layouts included in the condo declaration, it appears as if they put the connecting door for the lock-offs in the living area. This would limit what furniture they could use and it's placement within the villa.
    I have to admit that I find it frustrating that the larger villa, a 1BR, does not have the space for a murphy bed in the living room, but a studio half the size does. But I have to agree that the placement of the connecting room's door, whether is a 1BR or a lockoff usually eliminates enough wall space that the murphy beds will not fit. Otherwise doors will not open or walkways will be blocked or too narrow.

One reason the studio has limited space is that the pullout couch is a queen, not a double bed like at BRV. And if the rooms are narrower then there would not have been a wide enough walk way between the three beds (queen, queen pull out and a bunk murphy bed).
    Last edited by denlo; 03-10-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

03/27/17 - 04/05/17 - Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 37th Anniversary
    11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort