Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVCNews Debates: Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVCNews Debates: Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek

My choice would be to stay in the WL hotel rooms that were converted - I miss the hotel experience and currently the only place we can obtain it is AK.

Janet & Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Since becoming DVC members we have stayed at every DVC resort except Beach Club Villas, and one of the things I like about being a DVC member is trying out new and different places. So I definitely want to stay at Copper Creek.

From what I have seen so far of Copper Creek, I might like it more than Boulder Ridge. We have only stayed at Boulder Ridge one time and, although it was a nice stay, we didn't have much of a view from our 2nd floor studio. I'm hoping the Copper Creek villas will offer much better views; we might be able to get good views of Bay Lake, the Wilderness courtyard, or one of the pools.

Since the Copper Creek villas are in the Lodge itself, it means we won't have to go outside to grab something to eat or drink.

As to the decor of the new villas, I think the new Copper Creek decor might be more appealing to me. The Copper Creek Grand Villas look absolutely amazing. We'll never on staying in a Grand Villa -- too much space for us -- but if we ever book a Grand Villa at WDW, then Copper Creek might be my first choice.

We usually book studios because its just the two of us. Thus, it doesn't bother us that Copper Creek only sleeps four in a studio or one-bedroom.

3. Likes denlo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that Copper Creek has balconies that are the width of the studio. The balconies at BRV are so small that DH had to move into the room so I could get up out of my chair and walk into the studio. Plus the possibility of a view of the lake or even MK will be great. Although I have to admit that I will not want one of the 6th floor, dormer rooms as you cannot see anything while sitting. And i suspect that those rooms will be darker because of the walled in balcony and the angled roof.
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Full details are now known for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedroom villas cost the same number of points per night as Boulder Ridge Villas. However, there are differences in the decor of the two facilities, maxiimum room occupancy, location and a number of other details.

Topic: For your next Wilderness Lodge stay, will you book Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek?

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely try to book at Copper Creek. I am intrigued with the layout of the alternate studio. However, since I can only book at 7-months, I doubt that I will be seeing that studio in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

The only WDW resort we have not stayed at yet is BRV.

At this point, I would prefer to try CCV first. Always nice to try the new resorts while they are still active in sales because they tend to be easier to book.
    Having written that, I need to see pictures of everything when construction is completed before we could really know which we will prefer. Maybe even tour the resort on our next trip to get a feel for the changes there.

Looking forward to seeing the finished BRV area pool and landscaping being completed.

Edit: Just read there is no tub in the CCV studio. Without even talking to DW, I know CCV just dropped low on her list of resorts to stay.
    Last edited by imdizfan; 03-06-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are BRV owners and have a reservation for Christmas at BRV. Wife wants to move the reservation at the 7 month mark to CCV just to check out the new rooms. I'm sure I'll like them, but I really enjoy the disconnect from the main building that you get with BRV. We (including the kids) enjoy sitting downstairs and sitting in the different chairs and playing checkers and stuff. I even enjoy doing laundry downstairs because there's never anybody in there. Maybe I'll enjoy the convenience of being closer to the lobby and the boat dock. I'll be watching reviews closely though to see what others who have stayed at both prefer leading up to our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me BRV's rooms have heavier Wilderness theme, slightly bigger in size, an additional bed, and lower Annual Due. Also, both sections share the same resort amenities. I would try CCV once just to check out the new rooms, but prefer BRV more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg51 View Post
    We are BRV owners and have a reservation for Christmas at BRV. Wife wants to move the reservation at the 7 month mark to CCV just to check out the new rooms. I'm sure I'll like them, but I really enjoy the disconnect from the main building that you get with BRV. We (including the kids) enjoy sitting downstairs and sitting in the different chairs and playing checkers and stuff. I even enjoy doing laundry downstairs because there's never anybody in there. Maybe I'll enjoy the convenience of being closer to the lobby and the boat dock. I'll be watching reviews closely though to see what others who have stayed at both prefer leading up to our trip.

.......and don't forget the cycle ride to the cabins at Christmas? To me will always be VWL Great resort and fab people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueslegend View Post
    .......and don't forget the cycle ride to the cabins at Christmas? To me will always be VWL Great resort and fab people.
    I'm hoping we get to do one of the "sleigh" rides at Ft. Wilderness at Christmas. I don't know that we will have time though. Those 4 seater tandem bikes/carts are pretty cool though.