Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic recap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic recap

On Friday, February 24, Disney Vacation Club hosted the fiirst of two scheduled member-exclusive evenings at the Magic Kingdom for 2017. Unprecedented attraction access, unique fiireworks and free food were among the event's highlights.

View complete article
    This website is an unofficial publication regarding the Disney Vacation Club and is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company. All information presented on this site is subject to change. Information presented on this site may not be reproduced without permission.

2. Thanks denlo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were at Friday's event. The crowd level was pretty low. We REALLY missed the ice cream novelties and churros we enjoyed at last years DCA event. All the food was prepackaged chocolate chip cookies, veggies and apple slices and hot dogs and chicken nuggets so we ate nothing. The longest wait time was 30 minutes for seven dwarfs. Most other rides were walk on.

It was fine, but I'm not sure if we would even bother going to this event again. We will definitely not be spending over $300 for a room in CA for the Disneyland event! Hopefully the event is more valuable for members who do not have season park passes!
    Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Moonlight Magic Success!

I attended the 2/24 Moonlight Magic and felt it was really a nice time. A few things surprised me, as this was the first one I attended (was not able to in 2016). First, crowds at 8:00 were busy, but they quickly lowered once Wishes finished at 9:00. During this time, we rode rides with short wait times. The times decreased even more after wishes!! They had some photographers on Main St., so it was nice to get a keepsake of our night.

The food was good. We ate at Pecos and had no issue with fresh hot dogs and chicken, but the cookies and apples were pre-packaged and located at the toppings bar. Pecos was very busy the first time we went in, so we came back.

I was surprised there was no ice cream or stands open for paid food, but then I thought about it, and it made sense. What I appreciated about the night as it seemed like this was truly a "gift" or "perk" for being DVC. There was only one store open and no need to open your wallet if you didn't want to. It really was a "free" night for us to enjoy our favorite park and rides as a family.

The fireworks were very nice! I was sad to hear Wishes would be stopping. After seeing these fireworks and the enhanced colors and shapes, I'm definitely excited about the new show. I can always see Wishes on YouTube.

We were unable to get a room at a DVC resort, so we stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter. This worked out perfectly for us - dinner at Disney Springs and a quick bus ride to Magic Kingdom. I did go to Saratoga Springs to check in to the party (which you could only do at a DVC resort vs. Port Orleans). This was a bit of a hassle, but it was my choice to do it (as I could have done it at the park). However, once at MK, I was glad I went to SSR.

Overall, it was a great time and I recommend it. This is not about them making more money on us, at least I didn't feel that way. I would definitely go again and recommend!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andi95 View Post
    . . . .

We were unable to get a room at a DVC resort, so we stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter. This worked out perfectly for us - dinner at Disney Springs and a quick bus ride to Magic Kingdom. I did go to Saratoga Springs to check in to the party (which you could only do at a DVC resort vs. Port Orleans). This was a bit of a hassle, but it was my choice to do it (as I could have done it at the park). However, once at MK, I was glad I went to SSR. . . .
    Could you have checked in at the park instead?
    --Denise

Scheduled upcoming Disney trips:

11/30/17 - 12/14/17 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
    03/01/18 - 03/08/18 - Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm not complaining!

Please don't think I'm complaining! We were at the Friday, March 3 Moonlight Madness and I agree it was a very nice, free event. We also thought the fireworks were the highlight!

I think I made the mistake of raising expectations of my three foodie non DVC owner girlfriends. After having a nice dinner we checked into the event at the Wilderness Lodge with no waiting in line. After a quick boat ride singing with fellow DVC members we took fun photos on Main Street and then went looking for the ice cream novelties and churros as were offered at the DCA event. Since the only sweets were prepackaged chocolate chip cookies we saved a lot of calories and rode fun kiddie rides for the first time ever with little or no wait. Character photo opportunities were fun too!

i just think as a FL/CA annual passholder this event isn't overly valuable to me. It was an added treat to attend as we already had a flight and WDW reservation during the event week. We just probably will not go out of our way to book an expensive room at the Disneyland Resort for the fall party!
    Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVCNews View Post
    On Friday, February 24, Disney Vacation Club hosted the fiirst of two scheduled member-exclusive evenings at the Magic Kingdom for 2017. Unprecedented attraction access, unique fiireworks and free food were among the event's highlights.

View complete article
    I appreciate any additional member benefit that Disney gives to DVC, so I'm not complaining about them adding the Moonlight Magic events, I think it's a great addition. I do wish they'd have some events in late May/early June though. I know they don't because they do them around low season as an in incentive to generate more revenue, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they'd buck the system once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sold Out

When did the Magic Kingdom event become available for registration? Did it sellout before the event started and if so how much before?
    We will be at Disney during 2 future events and I want to make sure that we can get in, but none of the future events are open to registration yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg51 View Post
    I appreciate any additional member benefit that Disney gives to DVC, so I'm not complaining about them adding the Moonlight Magic events, I think it's a great addition. I do wish they'd have some events in late May/early June though. I know they don't because they do them around low season as an in incentive to generate more revenue, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they'd buck the system once in a while.
    Nothing in early June, but they will be holding 4 events at Typhoon Lagoon this year with the first one on 6/23 (one per week, last one on 7/13).
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
    Nothing in early June, but they will be holding 4 events at Typhoon Lagoon this year with the first one on 6/23 (one per week, last one on 7/13).
    For some reason Louisiana schools get out much earlier and go back much earlier than most states. I think it's something like earlier than 40 other states, and summer camps in the Baton Rouge area always have a one week gap between when school ends and they start, so we always have to go that week which usually ends up being around 5/20 or 5/26, otherwise one of us would have to take that week off anyway to watch the kids. It's nice being able to go the week of Memorial Day because we get one of the days off with pay, but there's never any extra DVC/Passholder events during that period so it's a win/lose situation for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Keep watching because the event sold out in hours of posting.
    I think it was announced about sixty days out but I'm not sure.
    Beth